XXVII

"I suffer migraines. I do not suffer fools."
E. Lockhart : We Were Liars

♤♡◇♧

Hyunjin always had a soft spot for his sister, even after she grew up and started fights. He was the second person to get to hold the baby when she was born, after his mother and even before his dad. He remembered looking into her eyes and her cute chubby face, and even though he thought new born babies were horrendous don't get it wrong, he remembered thinking she was the cutest and most precious thing in the world.

As an older brother to her he immediately felt like it was his job to care for her and protect her, like a guardian. He always went to her school plays and performances, and cheered so loud when she walked the stage to graduate preschool. He planned to be there every step of the way, holding her hand.

Mi-Young was generally a fearless child, brave and strong, ready to take on the world and more, but she does have some fears. One of them being spiders, and the other being thunder and lightning. God knows why but she absolutely hated thunder storms.

So, with the weather getting progressively more and more gloomy in the spring seasons of the year, the first thunder storm was bound to come. It had started off as just some small rain, but then when the sky got darker into the night it got worse. There was rain pounding down outside, but no thunder.

Then, there was. As soon as he heard the first roll of thunder, followed by a flash of lightning he was on his feet and hurrying down the hall to Mi-Young's room. Sure enough when he got there she was curled up in some blankets, eyes bolting around the room. She wasn't just scared of lightning, she was terrified.

Hyunjin closed the door behind himself as he took a step into the dark room, "Are you scared?" He asked. The only light was that of the moon seeping in through the curtains.

"No." He heard her say, voice trembling. She squeezed her knees slightly harder to her chest as she let her eyes waver on him for a moment. Hyunjin smiled at her, walking over and taking a seat on the bed. She felt the mattress dip with his weight. "I said I'm not scared."

Hyunjin scooted back on the bed, leaning against the wall beside her. She screamed as another bolt of lightning danced around her room. "Not scared, huh?" He laughed to himself, wrapping his arms around her through the blankets, "It's okay to be scared Mi-Young. You know that."

"You're not scared." She sniffled, "So why do I have to be scared?"

The elder boy took a deep breath, shifting so that the blanket was wrapped around them both, his sister sitting on his lap with her cheek against his chest. "Sure I can be scared, I'm just not scared of this."

The girl whined as he held her closer. He felt her fingers wrap around his arm like a safety blanket. He stroked her hair until he felt her breathing calm down and fiddled with the hem on the sleeve of her night gown. "You're always brave Hyunjinnie.. how?"

The elder let out a tight laugh, "I'm not always brave. You just don't taste me scared."

♤♡◇♧

I really like thunder storms, they're just so peaceful. I like to get out on of my favorite books and curl up in my big chair reading. I never got how anyone could be scared of something this beautiful before.

Anyway, this is exactly what I was doing. I was lounging around listening to the rain pound down on the windows with 'Misery' by Stephen King in my hands. When my phone buzzed I was in no rush to see who it was so I decided to finish the page I was on, but whoever thus was couldn't wait. I kept getting notification after notification until I had enough of it.

I pulled my phone out and saw that they were all from different people. My Instagram notification were blowing up with messages all along the lines of homophobic slurs, jokes and anything offensive you could think of.

Panic set in.

They knew. People knew. How did they know I was gay? Hyunjin? Did Hyunjin tell them? No-wait, this is a mess! I kept seeing references to a certain picture, but I didn't have the slightest clue what picture they could be talking about.

Did I accidentally post something I shouldn't have?

I quickly ran to my Instagram feed to look for something that could be it, and sure enough, there it was. A picture taken from the night of the party.. it was of me and Hyunjin—we were in his bedroom, both shirtless, him leaning over me with his lips attatched to my neck, my hands tangled in his hair and this stupid pathetic look on my face. The picture was taken through the barely open crack of the door so you couldn't see past our hips, but it was pretty clear Hyunjin's dick was burried deep inside me.

Someone had taken a picture of the two of us and we hadn't even noticed.. I checked who had posted it: Jae. Stupid Jae. I never should have trusted him.

I read the caption: Turns out mean old seungmin likes it up the ass. who's surprised?

Tears started to well in my eyes as I stared at the photo a little longer. This wasn't fair! I didn't give anyone permission to take a picture of me like that-why weren't they bashing on Hyunjin? Huh? Why didn't they care about him?

What if Hyunjin was in on this? What if the elder had set me up? Distracted me so this picture could be taken and-no.. I'm going insane. No one would dare to insult perfect little Hyunjin.. even if he is gay. Too many people love him too much.

The comments were even worse. Accusing me of forcing Hyunjin into this, saying I'm a slut or a whore. Too many people made fun of my physical appearance as well.

I'm ruined. Everything is ruined. All because of stupid pretty Hyunjin..