XXX

"There is not even a Scrabble word for how bad I feel."
E. Lockhart : We Were Liars

♤♡◇♧

I took a seat at the table, getting ready to eat dinner with with family. My mother asked the usual; how my day was, and I answered with the usual; fine with a touch if salt. I wondered what she would think if she found out about all the drama going on with Seungmin.

She's really nosey, so I bet she'd be interested, but she'd also probably be worried. She'd obviously take my side of the argument and then she'd think Seungmin was so terrible, so then she'd think the while Kim family was so terrible and she'd probably break off all contact.

Not that it would do much to help my personal cause though, considering Seungmin still went to my school. I don't know, I don't hate him that much anymore though.

He actually seems fine now that I've seen him so.. vulnerable to me. I'm understanding that he's not actually scum, and more of a normal person that acts like scum. Still though, I have grudges for the things he did to my friends. He made fun of them for quite a while, along with a bunch if other people that is.

It'd be great to get some type of apology from him—not to me, but to my friends in general. I know I don't show it but I do care about them, and I'm not happy that someone treated them like that. I hate seeing Felix sad, or Jisung slouch into his seat trying to disappear with anxiety, or even Minho, who barely ever shows his emotions.

"Alright, listen up you two," my mother said in a voice more firm than what you'd normally expect from her, "we have an arrangement with the Kim's tomorrow night."

"But I have a sleepover tomorrow night." Mi-Young said, disappointment singing in her voice.

"Yes, you won't be going." Our mom said, patting her on the back, "I know you like Seungmin, but you can go next week." She comforted the younger girl, who still crossed her arms over his chest and slouched down in her seat with a pout.

"Where are we meeting them? Their place again?" I asked, putting a bite of food in my mouth.

My mother shook her head, "They'll be coming here, so be on your best behavior. I'll be getting our cleaners to do a full sweep of the house tomorrow at around noon, so make sure you stay out of their way while they work." My mom loves those cleaners. She made friends with one of them, Abigail, and she hasn't stopped talking about how amazing they are ever since.

"Our house? So, I guess I'll be in charge of entertaining Seungmin." I said, trying not to show my disappointment.

My mother nodded, "I'm sure it'll be fine. You two seem to get along great—oh, I never even asked; what was that about the other night, when he showed up at 3am soaking wet and sobbing?"

I laughed slightly, thinking about it. To think that he thought that I'd been the one to set him up like that is rather funny to me. Then I laughed a little less, thinking about how scared he had been... poor thing. "Ah, just teenage stuff. Personal."

My mom narrowed her eyes at me but asked to further questions. "Alright well, I'm glad you two get along. I'm also glad that he seems to like Mi-Young.. she can be a lot." She said, as if said she wasn't sitting right in front of her.

"Hey!" Mi-Young says.

"Not in a bad way dear. You're lovely." She assured the younger and I reached out to straighten her long dark hair.

"Just perfect." I smiled at her. Sometimes we fought, but most of the time me and Mi-Young's relationship was a little more like this. I'm very protective over her and it feel like my job to make sure she knows just how amazing she is.

I know. Cringy.

Our mom looked back at me now with a weary glance, "Now, I don't want you to scare him off. You should introduce him to your friends, incorporate him into your little circle of people." She suggested, "Oh, hey, does he know you like men?" She asked now.

I laugh out loud, thinking about it. Does he know I like men? Maybe fucking him hard and rough wasn't enough to let him know. "I think he does, yeah."

"You think?"

"I'm pretty sure, yeah. If he doesn't then that's on him at this point." I shrug. I look over to Mi-Young, who I can tell is thinking about how me and Seungmin have seen eachother naked. I send her a glance, warning her not to say a word about it. I think she got the memo.

I place my hands down on the table, indicating the start if a new conversation, "So, what time are they getting here?"

"5pm sharp. Be looking nice okay? They might be here until late night, so they'll have dinner with us at 6 and then cake at 7. Understand?"

I nod. "Yes, mom, I understand."