LIII

"How wonderful to be alive, he thought. But why does it always hurt?"
Boris Pasternak : Doctor Zhivago

♤♡◇♧

"Yes, of course I'll stay."

With that, Hyunjin let the boy out of his grip, and to his surprise he kept his word. He didn't try to leave, in fact, he barely moved at all. Seungmin twisted around to face the elder, but didn't move backwards so they were nearly chest to chest.

Neither of them had any more than their shoulders exposed, staring at eachother for a long period of time. "Why were you crying." Seungmin suddenly asked, catching the elder of guard.

Hyunjin was perplexed, "Crying? When was a crying?" He thought over the trip and only knew of when he had cried in the bathroom as they had just gotten here. He was upset about Seungmin, as usual. But Seungmin's hadn't seen that, had he?

"When I came over to your house. You convinced me to keep sleeping with you and then when we were about to.. you cried. You got scared of something and that was the last time we even attempted something. I want to know what I did to hurt you. It was the moment that everything got ruined between us.." Seungmin explained in a gentle voice.

Hyunjin thought about that day. He had realized his feelings for Seungmin, thats what happened. Was that really when everything fell apart though? It did for a little while and then things got better — until the concert that is.

Hyunjin felt his hands move to touch Seungmin's waist again, "You didn't do anything to hurt me." He said quietly, in nearly a whisper. He glanced to the rest of the group who paid no mind to the two of them, "It was something I did."

Seungmin shifted under Hyunjin's grip, "Are you sure? You know you can tell me if I've done something." He placed a single hand on Hyunjin's forearm under the water.

"I just realized that you were right. That it was a bad idea for us to get involved anymore."

♤♡◇♧

Hyunjin sat on his bed reading a book when Seungmin walked in from taking a shower. It was late into the night by the time they got back from swimming. Hyunjin kept his eyes trained on Seungmin as he moved through out the room, a towel wrapped around his waist.

He quickly looked back at his book when Seungmin glanced back a him, "I have to change.. so look away." A blister of blush sprouted on his cheeks, covering his nose and ears with a light pink haze.

Hyunjin chuckled to himself, setting his book down in his lap, "You realize that even though I'm looking away right now, it doesn't change the face that I've seen you naked before, right?"

An even darker blush covered his cheeks, and he looked away quickly, "But thats different. I didn't care then."

"Why? Because you were too busy feeling my dick—"

"Shh!" Seungmin threw the pillow at him that was a on his bed, "Shut up — just look away while I change alright? I would do it in the bathroom but Felix is using it right now." He muttered.

Hyunjin shrugged, holding his book up again so he couldn't see the younger, "Just know that I'm imagining you naked as we speak, so there is really no difference." Another pillow came flying, hitting Hyunjin in the face. He laughed, enjoying how he aggravated Seungmin.

"Shut you trap or I'm gonna complain to Chan about you and get a new roommate." He warned. Hyunjin could hear the rustling of clothes as his towel dropped to the floor. He smiled to himself, noting how Seungmin sounded just like his old grumpy self.

After a couple minutes Seungmin informed him that he was done and Hyunjin was able to put his book down again. "What would you do if I had peeked?" He asked, resting his head in his palm.

Seungmin rolled his eyes, "You better not have." He snarled, "And if I'd caught you I would have ripped your balls off. Say goodbye to your future children."

Hyunjin smiled fondly, "Well then I'm glad to say that I didn't peek."

"Then I'm glad to say that you can keep your balls." Seungmin got into his own bed, nestling under the covers and the room got silent.

"Ahhh!!" Someone yelled from across the hall, "Oh fuck — holy fuck!!" Hyunjin ran out of bed, recognizing the voice as Felix's. Felix didn't swear like that unless he was truly terrified — a spider perhaps?

He ran out of the room, Seungmin close behind to see Felix panting, staring in horror at the two people currently standing in his and Jisung's shared bedroom. "I thought you were taking a shower!" Jisung cried. Hyunjin's eyes rolled over to Minho, standing slightly beside him and he realized immediately.

And he started laughing hysterically. Felix walked in on them too? "You guys are terrible at this!" Hyunjin laughed, feeling Minho glare at him.

"Hyunjin!" Felix wailed as everyone else appeared in the hallway, emerging from their rooms, "Jisung and Minho — they — ahh!" He wrapped his arms around himself, jumping up and down in discomfort, "They were making out in there! You should have seen them—"

A collective gasp from the group, everyone completely startled. Chan peered into the room looking between the two accused boys, "Making out? Felix are you sure?" He knitted his eyebrows together.

"I don't think he's lying—" Hyunjin was basically crying now, unable to comprehend words, "You guys know they've been dating for, like, two years?"

"Are you shitting my dick right now?" Changbin asked, staring at the two boys aswell. Jisung covered his face in embarrassment, looking away from the group and crouching down to the floor.

Minho took a deep breath, "Yeah, yeah we have." He shrugged, "Sorry for hiding it I guess."

Jeongin stared with wide eyes, not believing this in the slightest. "Damn."

Hyunjin pointed to them, "I've walked in on them fucking twice, how have you guys been so dense as to not catch on?"

Jisung groaned loudly, "Leave me alone!!" He cried, "Now you know so just go back to your rooms and sleep okay?"

Chan quickly walked into the room, grabbing Minho and pulling him away, "You have so much to explain to me right this second," he muttered, slamming the door to their room behind them.

Felix, still looking absolutely spooked, walked slowly back into his own room, glancing one last time at everyone before closing the door. Changbin shrugged, "Jesus.." he muttered before walking away with Jeongin.

Seungmin, tired of watching Hyunjin  struggle to breath through all his laughing, yanked the older back into their room. "You're stupid." He told him.