XLVIII

"Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody."
Stephen Chbosky : The Perks of Being a Wallflower

♤♡◇♧

When the night ended and the concert was over me and Chan gathered our 6 wrecked children, bundled them in their jackets and got them out to the cars. I took Jeongin, Seungmin and Minho in my car, while Felix opted to stay with Chan and Jisung opted to stay with Felix. Changbin, who could actually hold his alcohol, helped to keep the two gremlins settled in the car as Chan drove them home.

The plan was to stay overnight at my house, a last minute plan in order to make sure everyone stayed safe while they were drunk off their asses. While Jisung and Felix already had a whole wardrobe stored away at my house, Seungmin, and Jeongin would have to borrow clothes. Chan decided to go back to his place for a quick pit stop to grab clothes for Minho and Changbin, as they would often leave their shit at Chans place anyway.

So now here I am, busy rounding up a bunch of children and trying to keep them quiet enough that Mi-Young can sleep, and hoping not to wake up my parents sleeping on a lower floor. It's not like they would care much if I did wake them up anyway, it's not like I'm the one too drunk to stand up right *cough* Felix *cough*.

Minho, once through the door very quickly latched onto Jisung; who he had been crying about not being in the same car with for the entire ride here. The two of them had fallen asleep on my large bean bag chair.

"Hyunjinnie," Felix whined, "'M cold!"

No wonder he was cold, he was sitting on the floor in nothing but some basketball shorts I leant him, "Maybe if you put the sweater on that I gave you you wouldn't be cold anymore." I scolded, throwing it at him, only for him to whine again.

"Changbin, 'm cold!" Felix tried, this time to some avail as Changbin put down his toothbrush which he had just finished using and went to go give the boy a hug. Felix accepting this and stopped whining.

When I finally heard Chans voice talking to Jeongin down the hall I let out a sigh of relief. He guided Jeongin with him, who was dressed in pajamas and ready for bed, into the room, "What are we doing with him?" He asked, pointing to the boy.

I groaned, "I thought he had fallen asleep in the guest room like, half an hour ago."

Chan nodded, throwing a bag of clothing at a sleeping Minho, successfully waking him up, "Go get changed." He ordered and he walked Jeongin back into the guest room. I heard him try and calm down the boy by saying he would join him in bed later. The plan was supposed to be me and Seungmin in my room, Jisung and Minho in another guest room, and Felix would end up with Changbin if Jeongin and Chan were together in another room.

For sure Felix would whine about not being with Jisung, but my guess is that him and Minho will end up fucking or something, so I'm trying to protect Felix from the monstrosity that I've witnessed two too many times.

♤♡◇♧

It took too long, way, way, way too long for everyone to get in bed. By the time everything was situated it was already 1am ans the concert gad ended at 10. I quickly wished Chan a good night as we changed into our pajamas before doing one last check in on all the rooms I had them sleeping in.

Then I was finally able to go to sleep.. but not really, because when I walked into my room I realized that Seungmin was very much missing. That being said though, it didn't take me very long to find him; he was sitting in the hallway picking at some dry skin on his hand. It seemed like he was finally starting to get more sober after all the water I basically force fed him while he was wasted. "Seungmin, are you coming to bed?" I asked quietly, nodding my head towards the door. I was still thinking about what he had said to me outside the bathrooms.

You don't like me, not the way I want you to like me.

The boy looked up at me, nodded, "Yeah.."

I held my hand out to him, "Then come on."

"I'm sleeping with you?" Seungmin asked, and if I wasn't mistaken he almost looked scared.. why was he scared?

I retracted my hand slightly, suddenly feeling sheepish, "Uh.. if you're okay with that of course." I added, watching him let out a long breath and grab my hand anyway, pulling himself off the floor.

I smiled to myself and guided him with my arm into my room. I watched him walk towards my bed, all too familiar to him, and flop down nearly immediately. I followed after him, slipping myself under the covers and laying down, facing away from him. For a few moments I felt him still shifting around before he got comfortable and an overwhelming silence took over the room.

I sat still for a few moments, feeling his eyes trained on the back of my head. I couldn't help smile to myself, "I thought you learned your lesson about staring at my hair.." I said ever so softly.

"W-what?" He asked and I flipped around to look at him.

For a moment we just stared at eachother and the smile I had fell off of my face slowly until I was no longer smiling. I kept my eyes fixed on his as I felt myself reaching out.. why was I reaching out? What was I reaching for?

Of course that a stupid question, as I was reaching for Seungmin. My hand landed on his cheek, my fingertips messing around in his hair. He sat completely still, not daring to so much as breath. He was so stupid and pretty.. stupid pretty Seungmin.

I grazed my tongue over my lips before I spoke, "I.. hate you.." I lied.

He swallowed hard, "I hate you too." But the meaning wasn't there. It felt as if the words had a different meaning, one that you'd never know from a textbook.

I looked down to his lips, but looked away, stopping myself. I'm not allowed to kiss him anymore. I felt my hands through his hair and down his neck, over his shoulders and under his arm. It slid over the dip of his waist and onto his hip, where I let it rest. I moving my other arm around his waste and set it on the small of his back, pulling into a tender hug.

His head rested in the crook my my neck and his arms wrapped around me as well, loving the feeling of his embrace. I pulled him tight, skin to skin, and closed my eyes.

I enjoyed the feeling of his hair by my lips and his fingers tucked into the hem of my shirt as I fell asleep.

A part of me hoped I might never wake up.