VI

"Everything is a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It's up to you."
Nicola Yoon : Everything, Everything

♤♡◇♧

"Hyunjin." Someone said directly into his ear. Said boy nearly fell from his seat, sending a harsh glare to Chan who was seated in his desk next to him, "You were staring again." He added on, as if to justify his scaring the living shit out of his friend.

"Was not." Hyunjin hissed, "I was just zoning off." He rolled his eyes. Every single one of his friends had been giving him shit about the way he always seemed to be staring at that Seungmin kid, but truth was, he wasn't the one staring. Seungmin was always the one to start it, sending some mysterious look his way and then when Hyunjin caught him, it would turn into a glare.

They were supposed to be working on some math assignment right now, but judging by all the talk in the room no one actually was. Hyunjin wasn't though, and he wasn't talking either. Instead he had gotten distracted by Seungmin. The male had started staring at him and then Hyunjin just couldn't figure out why.

"Oh yeah, sure." Chan said this in English, his Australian accent infiltrating his voice, "I know you and him have this whole enemy arc going on, but can't you two just ignore eachother, like every other person does?" He asks, knitting his eyebrows together in his all-around dad look.

"We do ignore eachother. The only time the two of us even acknowledge eachother is if he does something to purposefully set me on edge, like the hallway incident." Hyunjin let a scowl set into his already slightly annoyed features, "I don't know why you guys don't stand up to him. You know he's not that scary."

Chan rolls his eyes and chews on his pencil for a moment, gathering the words for a response. Hyunjin genuinely didn't understand why these guys didn't simply piss Seungmin off the way he pissed them off. It was a simple matter of fighting back, though he had to admit it did seem like it just made Seungmin target him more. No matter what that kid tried though, Hyunjin simply can't be intimidated; he sees him as nothing more than a lost puppy. His soft facial features say it all.

After a moment, Chan removes the old pencil from his mouth, "You've only been back in town for a about a week, Jin, you don't understand all this yet. It's a risk to stand up to him like you're doing. It'll just make him more mad." He concludes. Hyunjin notes the bite marks that cover the entire end of the elders pencil.

"Doing nothing is also risky. If you do nothing then he'll just gain more confidence in the shit he's pulling and he'll only end up doing more. Think 'bratty child'." He taps his red pen on the table, crossing his legs and seating himself on an angle towards the Aussie, "But then, suppose it's up to you to choose a plan of action. I can't make you do shit."

Chris chuckles lightly, "No, you cannot." He pauses, eyes trailing off into the room but his head doesn't turn, "Seungmin is looking at us. You think he heard we were talking about him?"

"Over all of this talking and noise? Doubt it. He's probably just admiring my beautiful face and luscious hair." Hyunjin twirls his finger in his hair ironically as he speaks. He's not surprised that the puppy boy is looking at him right now, in fact, he can already imagine his face. Eyes wide and mouth shut lightly; portraying some unknown emotion, but then when he gets caught all of that is replaced with a tight glare.

"He's like, really staring at us." Chris says, still only looking at the said boy through his peripheral vision.

Hyunjin turns his head sharply, just in time to see Seungmin turn his head away quickly, not wanting to get caught. Hyunjin stares at the back of his head while the male pretends to work on whatever math he has. The elder can't help but to laugh at this, amused by his antics. Something about the way he's so bold and rude up front, but then so shy when you turn your head is like a form of entertainment.

"What do you think that was about.." Chan says skeptically, returning to chewing on the end of his pencil. Soon enough there'll be no wood left to chew.

Hyunjin shrugs, "'dunno. Maybe he was looking for answers to the math questions."

Chris scoffs and laughs at the same time, "Yeah no, he was staring directly at us. His eyes were shifting between you and me and only you and me." Hyunjin had to give props, because over the years he's found that Chan is really good at noticing small details, the way someone's eyes might flicker for a quick second. He'd always catch Hyunjin's lies, or anyone's lie for that matter.

"Well then, like I said, he's probably checking us out. We're both very attractive men with super hot abs—or at least one of us." He snickered, obviously referring to himself.

Chan rolls his eyes for probably the 15th time today. If he keeps doing that they'll get stuck like that or something. "My guess is that he's thinking of ways to piss us off. Probably just you actually, I've never had a real problem with him." He shrugs.

Hyunjin shook his head, "Well then I'll be prepared. He could never get the best of me, all you have to do is imagine him as a puppy dog and boom, he's no longer scary at all. I'd tell him he looks like a puppy but he might get mad or something."

"Probably would. Kid has a bad temper, can't even lie." They both know this is true. Seungmin got mad when someone was standing a little bit too close to him, or didn't move in the hallways in time. What are you to expect from someone like him though.

His parents must be sad about that one.