XXXX

"Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings."
Jane Austen : Mansfield Park, 1814

♤♡◇♧

Hyunjin figured he should apologize to Seungmin, even if he particularly hated saying sorry to people. He wasn't sure if he should, but Chan convinced him that saying it would probably makes things better for the both of them.

He also planned on inviting Seungmin to their lunch table, but he was worried that after last time he wouldn't be up to the invitation. Oh, and one more thing, they also needed to have a tiny chat about the sex life situation.

Seungmin had said previously that he was never going to hook up with Hyunjin again, but the elder wasn't sure how he felt about that. He obviously couldn't force Seungmin, but he still really liked the sex, so what was the problem?

With all of these things in mind Hyunjin went off to find Seungmin at his locker as soon as the lunchbell rang. He had to be quick and weave through the large crowds, but he made it eventually. He spotted Seungmin amongst the people, head down and looking like a lost puppy.

Hyunjin rushed over and caught him by the shoulder as he was working at his lock, entering the 3 part code. "Seungmin, we gotta talk for a moment."

Seungmin shrugged Hyunjin's hand off of his shoulder uncomfortably, "Make it quick. People get mean when they see me around you."

Hyunjin nodded, "Right well, I wanted to say sorry." He got closer to his ear so Seungmin would be able to hear him over all of the people walking by, "At lunch the other day, I was out of line. I shouldn't have made you sit with us and stuff knowing it made you uncomfortable."

His lips weren't far from Seungmin's ear, his breath sending shivers down his spine. The shorter turned from his locker to face Hyunjin, "I get it. I deserved it anyway."

Hyunjin wasn't sure how he should combat the statement, so he left it alone, instead moving to another topic, "And I know this is probably a stupid idea, judging from what I was just saying, but would you like to sit with us at lunch?"

Seungmin stared at him, slowly swinging his backpack over his shoulder and closing his locker, "What? Why would I do that."

Hyunjin shrugged, feeling like a total loser, "Uhm, because I wanted to let my friends see how much a dickhead you aren't. Me and you have forgiven eachother right? Why don't we let them forgive you as well."

Seungmin saw the point, thought about it and shrugged, "Is it really a good idea? Don't all of them hate me? I mean you and me aren't even.."

"Friends?" Hyunjin asked, "I don't know. Are we friends? We don't hate eachother anymore, so why not?"

"Just because we don't hate eachother doesn't mean we like eachother."

"It could."

"But it doesn't."

"Why not?"

Now Seungmin was stumped, "Uhm.." he couldn't think of a proper reason as to why they shouldn't like eachother. I mean, this was a good thing for him, right? The thought of him and Hyunjin being friends made his heart flutter and his stomach do a flip, "I don't know."

"So we should be friends." Hyunjin shrugged, "which means my friends should be your friends, which means you should sit with us at lunch." He smiled, knocking Seungmin gently on the shoulder.

Seungmin nodded, "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

As they started walking, and neither of them had anymore to say about that, Hyunjin remembered the other thing he needed to ask about. He cleared his throat, "So are we still fuck buddies or what?"

Seungmin glanced at him timidly, then looked at his feet and shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't anymore, with our parents knowing and all.."

"But they don't care." Hyunjin pointed out, gently pulling Seungmin to one side of the hallway by the shoulder, "And I mean, its good sex right?"

Seungmin cleared his throat, "Yeah, uhm, maybe we should talk about this after school? I'll, like, call you or something." He looked around nervously to see if anyone could hear their conversation.

"You don't have my number." Hyunjin pointed out simply.

"Then give it to me. Write it on a post it during lunch and hand it to me, it's not that hard."

Hyunjin smiled, appreciating the attitude that the shorter was giving him. He nodded, "Sure, but beware that this technically means your hitting on my by asking for my number."

Seungmin rolled his eyes, "Shut the fuck up and let's just go eat." He said as the entered the cafétéria, heading for the table of friends. All of them had already arrived because the two had taken so long to get here.

As they approached they were greeted, Felix making an attempt to make a welcoming smile towards Seungmin. The latter male smiled back.

Chan welcomed Seungmin with a pat on the back when he sat down in between the male and Hyunjin on one of the crappy chairs. "Hi." Minho said, "Hyunjin says your cool."

Jisung hit him in the shoulder, "Nice to meet you-er, not meet you, but see you, or uhm, get to know you." He ended with, Felix squeezing his shoulder to tell him 'nice try' at a normal hello. It was hard for Jisung, being the one that saw Seungmin in Hyunjin's bed that one time. He thought about it every time he saw Seungmin, and how absurd the idea was.

"Yeah, yeah, good to see you." Jeongin said, stealing French fries from Chans plate of food, "Were you guys aware that Mi-Young is telling people that you two have seen eachother naked?"

"What?" Hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah we were talking to her the other day and she just casually mentions that you guys had seen eachother naked. We asked how she knew and she just shrugged." Jisung was messing around with the rings on Minho's hand.

"I'm.. going to kill her." Hyunjin said shortly.