LVIII

"I love you wildly, insanely, infinitely."
Boris Pasternak

♤♡◇♧

Hyunjin left immediately. His friends called for him to stay but he just couldn't deal with this, already on the verge of tears he needed to get home as soon as possible so he could sob about how terribly the night went.

He hated the idea of Seungmin clinging off of another guy, a guy who was probably more attractive and stronger than he was himself. What if he lost Seungmin to this guy? Well, it's not like he ever had the younger in the first place. What kind of name even was Dylan? That's so stupid. No one names their kid Dylan.. 

Hyunjin held his breath as he walked away, the music finally starting to fade in the background. The lump in his throat was growing with every step, and he wasn't going to make it back home before he started crying.

He was embarrassed that he had been so angry and jumped to conclusions like that, but at the same time he was still angry. Angry that Seungmin wasn't kissing him right now. He really wished that whatever feelings these were would just leave him alone, to go away and never come back.. but at the same time, he didn't want to stop liking Seungmin.

Seungmin was just so stupidly pretty, and perfect, and smart. He was everything and Hyunjin didn't want to let him go. Ever.

He sprinted the last block or so back to the house, quickly putting the code into the door and fumbling with the handle for a moment. The tears were coming and he didn't want to be out in the open when he burst. As soon as he was in the house he slammed the door and let put an agonizing sob.

"Fuck you!!" He yelled, not sure who he was talking about. God? Dylan? Seungmin? His friends? Himself? He didn't know, all he knew what that he was angry and sad.

He bent over putting his hands on his knees and watching his tears hit the tile floor in the front entrance. He slowly stood up and wiped a tear from his chin, making his way up the stairs to his bedroom.

Once in the room he sat down on Seungmin's bed, digging his nails into the sheets. He slumped over looking around the room to everything. All of the books that Seungmin brought, the clothes neatly folded on the dresser, the towels hanging up to dry. Everything reminded Hyunjin of how perfect the younger was.

He stood up suddenly, kicking the bed frame as hard as he could and cringing at the pain that shot up his foot. He just choked up another sob and went to lay on his own bed. He cover his eyes and faced the wall, dreading the moment when Seungmin got back from the beach—

The door opened. Light footsteps entered the room and the light squeaking of Seungmin's bed was heard. Hyunjin wondered if it was one of his friends coming to check on him. He wished they would go away while he closed his eyes, pretending to sleep.

Meanwhile, Seungmin sat across the room on his own bed watching him. He looked over sheepishly, observing how Hyunjin failed to react to his presence. After nearly two minutes Seungmin spoke, "I know you're not sleeping."

Hyunjin opened his eyes, still faced away, but didn't say anything.

"After about five minutes Dylan asked me to go to his place and I decided not to, so I came back here to find you." He said quietly.

"Why would you do that." Hyunjin croaked, tears still spilling down his cheeks.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why wouldn't you go with him. You already know he would have fucked you." Hyunjin muttered.

Seungmin was taken aback, "What? What makes you think I wanted to fuck him?"

"Look at you Seungmin!" Hyunjin shot up, turning to face the boy, "You were all over him — you were so ready to go back to his place and yet you've come here just to rub it in my face!"

"Why would I be rubbing it in your face?" Seungmin was angry now. Why was Hyunjin acting like such a child, it's not like sex was such a crazy thing.

"Thats the only reason you would be sitting here right now and you know it." The elder spat, rolling his eyes, "Stop pretending you're so innocent."

"Or maybe," Seungmin stood up, "I came here because I simply wanted to see you!"

"Why?!" Hyunjin cried out, "Why am I so important that you would give up the hook-up of a life time?!"

"Because maybe I like you, not some random Australian guy who I'm never gonna see again! Maybe I want you to fuck me, not him!!"

Silence.

"What?"

Seungmin retracted a bit, wrapping his arms around himself and looking away, "I didnt want to go with him because I knew it made you upset.. and I like you."

Hyunjin opened his eyes wide, "You like me? Like.."

Seungmin whined, "Yes, I like you.." salty trails fell from his cheeks and he flopped backwards, sitting back on his, "I know.. I shouldn't but I do, okay?" Seungmin then wiped a few of his tears away and stop up quickly, walking to leave the room.

"Wait—" Hyunjin shot to his feet, watching the younger pause, "I haven't rejected you yet.."

Seungmin laughed, "Do you have to..?"

Hyunjin messed with his fingers, walking towards him, "No uhm, I just, I mean.. listen to me, okay..?" Seungmin nodded, "You're not alone.."

Silence.

Hyunjin leaned in and pecked his lips quickly and awkwardly, as if they'd never kissed before. Seungmin looked at him, estranged, "What are you doing right now."

"I'm saying that I like you." Hyunjin whispered.

"With a 6th grade kiss?" Seungmin asked.

Hyunjin shrugged, "Do you.. want me to try again?"

Seungmin smiled, "I think.. I'd like that."

Hyunjin pressed his lips into the other boys, moving them slowly and sensually. After a few moments the two pulled away. Hyunjin wiped the wetness of his boys cheek from his tears, "Should we text the group and tell them we'll 'be back in a bit'?"

Seungmin nodded, "We wouldn't want them to come home too early.."