XI

"If she dies, she takes the truth with her."
Courtney Summers : Sadie

♤♡◇♧

"I'm about to tell you something and it's gonna blow your fucking mind." I lunged forward towards my table of friends in the busy lunch room. I dropped my bag to the ground and eagerly took a seat. "It was Seungmin."

Minho, mouth full of his food, spoke then, "What was Seungmin? It seems like a lot of things in your life are related to Seungmin."

I couldn't help glare at him. Seungmin meant basically nothing to me, why did they insist on pissing me off with these things, "It was my parents work thing I mentioned a few times. I went over there to meet them and it was literally Seungmin and his family. Traumatic."

Changbin leaned forward a bit, "Sorry, didn't your mom want you to befriend their kid..? If their kid is Seungmin.." he trailed off but everyone knew what he was talking about.

"Yes, thats the worst part. I need to pretend to like him and hang out with him so that my parents are happy. If my mom found out that we didn't like eachother the entire deal could fall apart and my parents would be devastated." I groaned. There was no way for me to just avoid Seungmin, I mean, we were connected now.

Felix smiled a mischievous smile, "My ship, it's sailing."

Jisung nodded along, "Seungmin is even looking at you right now, Hyunjin. Don't you feel lucky."

I glanced behind me to see Seungmin look away quickly. He looked more nervous than usual, I couldn't help notice. I can see that he's just as unhappy about our new arrangement as I am. It's annoying for the both of us, so why don't we both just get over ourselves and work together on this? It doesn't mean that we have to he friends or anything.

"You guys actually need to shut the fuck up about that." I sounded more angry then I meant to and there was a beat of silence. They clearly hadn't expected me to actually get mad about them shipping me and Seungmin but I had to admit it kind of pissed me off for them to just disregard how I actually hated the guy. I decided to leave it at that and just get up from the table and leave, I'd deal with them later. This must be what drama in a friend group is.

I took my bag with me and made my way out of the cafétéria, ignoring how Seungmin's eyes followed me as I walked past him. He was analyzing my every move.

Creep.

♤♡◇♧

Seungmin was quick to leave the lunch room after Hyunjin. The two of them desperately needed to talk about all this new stuff going on and how they were going to deal with it – it was kind of hard to talk about it when both of them wanted to avoid eachother though.

Seungmin had enough however. He just needed the two of them to talk and then never speak again, except of course when they're forced to.

Anyway, he followed the elder out into the hallways and caught him as he was just opening up his locker a few hallways down. He was kind of worried that Hyunjin would get mad and shew him off as if Seungmin were a pesky bug, but presumably he'd understand why he was there.

He walked over and silently stood behind Hyunjin. He had his hands clasped together and his posture was neat—he had no idea why he was feeling so nervous to be around the elder. Probably because he knew the elder hated him.

When Hyunjin didn't even notice him he cleared his throat, just trying to gain his attention, but he ended up scaring the other male. Upon hearing Seungmin, Hyunjin's soul nearly left his body – he didn't realize someone was standing right behind him. "Jesus," he grabbed at his chest, "What the hell are you doing lurking around me like that." He snapped, shoving a few things into his locker.

Seungmin rolled his eyes, "You know why I'm here. We need to talk about.." he waved his finger between them, "Us. This. Whatever you want to call our new found connections."

"What is there to talk about? It's simple; we pretend to get along but never interact or talk beyond that." He shrugged and Seungmin felt kind of like he was being pushed to the side. He didn't know why Hyunjin hating him made him feel so sad, maybe because he didn't hate Hyunjin.

Seungmin sighed, "It's not gonna be that easy and you know it. My parents cannot know that we hate eachother, if they do they'll call the deal off for my sake and I know how much this means to them. And that's not including the fact that Mi-Young is asking for me to come over to your place."

"She's what?"

"She likes me, maybe she would like you too if you weren't such a dipshit all the time." Seungmin retorted. How could he say that if he barely even knew the elder, better yet how he acted to his sister.

"Me and Mi-Young get along very well for your information, not that I should care what you think." He paused. He couldn't deny Mi-Young a new friend in Seungmin just for his selfish reasons, "And because I'm such a good brother I care enough about her not to be selfish. I'm not gonna stop you and her from getting along 'n shit, but leave me out of it. Got it?"

Seungmin scoffed, a regular occurrence when he was talking to Hyunjin, "Thats not such a big concern for me. Just know that my mom and dad have to think that we get along. Good talk." He said shortly, trying to walk away, but Hyunjin spoke again.

"Good, because my parents need to think the same." He called out, "So let's make a deal."

Seungmin turned back around in the empty hallway, "A deal?" He raised an eyebrow.

"We both tell our parents that we like one another, but we ignore eachother all of the other time. Like right now." He closed up his locker, not taking his eyes off the younger.

Seungmin smiled and held put his hand, "Easy deal."

Hyunjin reached out and took his hand in his, shaking firmly, "Deal."