XLI

"Every little thing about you can be a weapon, if you're clever enough."
Courtney Summers : Sadie

♤♡◇♧

Seungmin had been going back every day to sit with everyone at lunch and he had to say, it was going well - better than he had ever expected. In fact, at this rate he might even become part of their friend group and wouldn't that be lovely.

Seungman started to laugh a long with jokes and even occasionally, if he had the confidence, make one of his own - and guess what? People laughed! Whenever they laughed or smiled at something Seungmin said it made the boy feel just a little bit more welcome.

Today though he was particularly less active in the conversation. He was thinking more about Hyunjin and how he had broken out crying three days ago. Hyunjin had been sitting on the opposite side of the table from Seungmin and saying just about nothing, and it made the younger feel extremely guilty.

He had clearly done something to upset the taller, and it was something bad by the looks of it. The problem was though, he had just about no clue what it could be. He tried looking for Hyunjin during school but the elder made fast work of avoiding him, using his long legs to his advantage.

Hyunjin came into the lunch room late today, ignoring everyone as usual and taking his seat next to Chan who gave him a worried glance. Today Hyunjin looked bad.. sick even. Like he hadn't slept in a few days.

Hyunjin was only seated for a brief moment before someone decided to say something. It was Felix, "Hyunjinnie?" He asked, reaching over and touching the boys arm, "You look sick, do you feel okay?"

Hyunjin shrugged, "Didn't get much sleep last night." When no one said anything he elaborated, "Helping Mi-Young with some school project she forgot about."

Jisung, who would normally use this time to make fun of Hyunjin, also seemed to be quite worried for his friend. He shifted in his seat momentarily, "Why don't you go to the nurse and call your mom to take you home or something.. you look ill."

Hyunjin shook his head, "I'm fine."

It was then that the eldest of the group let out a deep sigh with both a hint of frustration and a hint of maternity. He stood from the table picking up Hyunjin's backpack and starting to walk away.

"Hey," Hyunjin stood up quickly, nearly loosing balance, "Where are you going with that-?"

Chan led him away from the crowded cafétéria without saying a word. He walked quickly and cleared a path through the people of the two of them to walk. He didn't speak until the were walking through the hallway, "I'm taking you to the nurse."

"No-"

"What's up with you Hyunjin?" He asked, not angry but just.. worried. "You've been acting strange for a few days now and you look like you haven't slept in forever. What kind of school project would keep you and Mi-Young up all night."

"One that she had a month to work on-"

"Cut it out Hyunjin." Chan leaned against a locker and placed Hyunjin's backpack on the ground, "What's really up? New development in the Seungmin case?"

Hyunjin nodded shamefully.

"Tell me about it."

"Promise you won't tell anyone else about this?" Hyunjin asked, also leaning against the row of lockers. He looked down at his hands and started to pick at the skin on his left pointer finger.

Chan obviously nodded, "Just between you and me." He confirmed. He trained is eyes on Hyunjin's features. He looked ashamed.

"I.. I like Seungmin." He muttered.

Chan laughed, "Oh no shit."

Hyunjin groaned, looking like he was about to throw a temper tantrum, "No, like, like like him. Like I have a crush on him.."

"Yeah," Chan repeated, "No shit." Hyunjin stared at him with squinted eyes, trying to figure out what that meant. "I saw this coming from a mile away Hyunjin, is this really what's distressing you?"

"Yes!" Hyunjin complained, "Because a) seungmin won't like me back, and b) I never meant to fall for him, and c) this is probably gonna mess everything up."

It scared Hyunjin to death that he had this crush, but why? It was simple. Hyunjin was terrified of not being in control of his emotions for this very reason; getting hurt. He didn't want a rejection from Seungmin like he was bound to get.

"When did you realize?" The elder asked, folding his arms over one another. He was surprised that it took his friend this long to figure out his own feelings.

"A few days ago.." Hyunjin admitted, "We were about to fuck when I looked at him and he looked at me and he was just so.. perfect. Yknow? Like this ethereal creature that I couldn't believe existed within my reach."

"I guess that's why you've been avoiding us." Chan asked.

"Not you guys, just Seungmin.. I figure if I'm able to stay away from him for long enough I can get rid of my feelings for him." Hyunjin shrugged, "I know the logic is kind of flawed but this is the best I've got. Whenever I so much as look at him my heart starts bumping super fast and my stomach does a flip- you don't understand how much this dude effects me."

Chan laughed, "I feel like I do to be completely honest with you. I've had a crush before Hyunjin, I know what it feels like.. you should tell him."

Hyunjin couldn't help but laugh out loud at this, looking away from the shorter. "Tell him? Are you insane? I'm not gonna fucking tell him."

"Well why not?" Chan asked.

Hyunjin had to think about it for a moment before shrugging his arms, "Because I'm not in the mood to get my heart broken."