XIX

"I saw this tree, but it was a dragon. Then it was a tree again and it just lied to me."
Stephen Chbosky : The Perks of Being a Wallflower

♤♡◇♧

God, my head hurt so bad the moment I opened my eyes. It was like I had been hit over the head with a brick twenty-four times over. This was by far one of the worst hangovers I've ever been subjected to, and I've had a good lot of them. The room smelt of sex and semen too, and that surly didn't help my hangover. This wasn't my biggest worry though, well, not for long.

I was in my own bed, as I would normally be, but this time in my arms layed a person – a boy. I didn't remember hooking up with anyone last night, so who was this? I slowly get to my elbows, peering through the boys hair to his face..

Oh, fuck.

Seungmin? What was he doing in my bed—and then it all comes rushing back to me. I can still hear his moans bouncing off the inside of my head now, I can still feel the way he gripped onto my arms.. begging for more. I'm remembering how I had gone up to him downstairs and then invited him up to my room, I had been so drunk. He had been so drunk. We had both been so, so, drunk.

I flop back onto the mattress, Seungmin still asleep and cuddling into my arm. Even if all I could feel was regret now, I have to admit that last night was a real blast and if it wasn't Seungmin I had done it with, I would have done that again.

I jolt back up when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I don't respond for a moment and whoever it is knocks again, "Hyunjin, you awake in there?" It's Jisung. I get off the bed, leaving Seungmin sleeping peacefully and go to greet Jisung. I slip some pants on because I'm in nothing but my boxers and see Seungmins clothes also spread out over the room.

I crack my door open just enough to peek my head out, "Yeah, I'm awake. What do you need?"

"You disappeared last night.." he trails off, giving me suspicious eyes, "Oh, did you hook up?" He says now. I'm worried hes gonna get too curious—how will I sneak Seungmin out of here without my friends finding out I slept with him? They can't know. "The hickies all over your neck are a dead give away."

My fingers run up to graze my purple, bruised skin, "So what if I did hook up? None of your business." I need him to leave before Seungmin wakes up.

"Who was it with? Were they hot?" He winks and wiggles his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Doesn't matter, just go away—"

"Oh my god, are they still in your bedroom?" His face lights up. Boy would he love to see who I slept with, but that's not happening, not on my watch.

"No, they aren't—"

"Hyunjin?" Seungmins sleepy voice startles me and I loosen my grip on the door. Jisung takes the opportunity to burst through and his eyes widened when he sees Seungmin, wrapped up in my bedsheets. I have to admit, he looks low-key cute right now..

I shake those thoughts out of my head and grab Jisung by the arm, yanking him out of the room and closing the door behind us. When the door is shut I begin talking, "You cannot tell anyone about this." I hiss.

"What? But—"

"For all I know Seungmin is closeted—not that I care about him as much as I care about everyone knowing that me and Seungmin slept together." I say, rushed. Jisung is the worst person to have found out about this. "I don't want people knowing this. Me and Seungmin are not a couple and never will be, it was a drunken mistake."

Jisung whines, "But—"

"If you tell even a single soul, I'll tell everyone about how you like to choke on Minho's dick every Friday. Got it?"

Jisung pouts, crossing his arms. "Fine." He huffs, "But you need to fill me in on the details of how this all even happened later." He says before walking away. I sigh at him and go to address Seungmin, who is still sitting on my bed looking absolutely mortified when I find him.

"One time thing. Never happening again." I say firmly, as if to end the whole conversation. I don't feel like talking about this right now, "Lets just forget it even happened."

As soon as the words leave my mouth though, his face scrunched up and he bursts out crying – no, sobbing. He puts his face in his hands and brings his knees to his chest. I'm taken aback; what do I do? Am I supposed to comfort him—does he even want my comfort? "I'm sorry—" he hickupps, "this was never supposed to happen—"

"Uhm.." I feel so awkward. What do I say? I sit down on the edge of the bed, "It's fine." Is all I know. I scratch the back of my head, "Lets just not do it again."

He shakes his head but doesn't say anything else. I feel kind of bad for him, I mean why is he so sad? I watch him get up from the bed, tears and snot still streaming down his face. He's in only his boxers so he goes to find his jeans off the floor. He winces when he bends down to pick them up, and then again when he puts them on. I feel so bad..

Guilt rises in my stomach, but for what? I've done nothing wrong here—it was all consensual, right? Wait, was it? I did ask him right? Now I start to panic, what if he crying because I—no, I wouldn't do that.. I wouldn't.

When he's all dressed he counts his belongings to make sure he has them all. Phone, wallet and shoes. I take a deep as he's about to walk out the door, "Wait—my friends are all out there.. I'll walk you out the back door. Do you want.. a ride home or something?"

He looks at me. He doesn't look angry or annoyed like he normally does—he looks sad and guilty. Innocent, like he did last night.

"Sure.."