XLVI

"We are liars."
E. Lockhart : We Were Liars

♤♡◇♧

As the car pulled up to the stadium Seungmin could already hear the crowd from the parking lot. It made his stomach do a flip, in a bad way, knowing that soon enough he would be jammed into a pack of thousands of people all trying to dance around one another. He hated these types of events, but anything to get himself better friends.

Hyunjin climbed out of the car, holding the door open as Jeongin and seungmin also climbed out from the back seats. Felix had driven and Jisung and Hyunjin had freaked out the entire time, talking about how bad Felix was at driving. Seungmin had just laughed along with them.

Seungmin felt the cold air on his exposed abdomin, the sun already starting to set. He guessed that by the time they left the concert it would already be way late into the night, and to think they were also talking about sneaking into a night club afterwards. Seungmin wasn't sure how he felt about that, but kept his mouth shut.

"Channie!" Felix cheered, leaping to hug the elder boy. They had met them in the parking lot, Minho and Jisung sharing a small hug and a secretive kiss to the temple when they saw eachother. Changbin had also walked up, saying hello the the group and hitting eachother on the back the way guys do.

As they got through the stadium doors Hyunjin pulled out all the tickets and handed them to the lady standing by the counter. She buzzed them all in with her little beeper machine and then let the group of boys through. She pointed in the direction of the hallways that led to the VIP booths though, which Seungmin found strange.

Apparently Hyunjin, no surprise here, had gotten all VIP tickets for them so they could have one of those fancy room that look down on everything and hadn't told anyone. "Hyunjin? We're going the wrong way," Felix said, looking back at the hallway all of the other people were going through.

"Yeah, this is the VIP section Jin," Changbin pointed to the sign that sat near the entrance.

Hyunjin smiled at them, "Surprise." He raised his arms as if the show off his surroundings, walking backwards to face the group. There was a moment of silence before anyone reacted.

"You serious?" Chan asked. Seungmjn noted how Chan was wearing all black clothes in a style that he could only describe at combat.

Hyunjin nodded, nearly toppling over as Felix took a leap to hug him, Jisung starting to squeal. These being regular people, they had never gone to a VIP section before so Hyunjin had expected the reaction.

Jeongin smiled and hit him on the back, "Using your pretty boy money for the right things I see," and gave him a tight hug.

As they entered the booth they could see the view of all the people and the entire stadium, but that's not what caught their eyes, it was the bottles of champagne that sat on the table in the middle of the sofas. Minho's eyes widened, "I think they messed up— we're all minors here," he pointed out.

"We should tell them—"

Chan tried to say before Changbin threw a pillow at him. "No fucking way we're telling them! Let's drink it all before they have a chance to even fucking realize!"

The rest of the boys cheered, agreeing with that. Chan sighed at he watched Minho pop open one of the bottles pouring it into one of the cups sitting on the table beside it. Seungmin stood back, looking a little worried.

"Seungmin," Jeongin held up a glass, "You want some?"

He shook his head.

"Hm? Why not?" Felix pouted, already chugging his cup.

Seungmin laughed nervously, "Yeah, I'm a lightweight.." he admitted. He didn't really want to make a fool out of himself by getting completelyfuckedup tonight.

"So is Felix." Chan deadpanned, "But you still see him drinking, and then I get to take care of him for the rest of the night."

Seungmin smiled, carefully picking up one of the glasses from the table, "I mean.." he thought about it, staring at the freshly poured liquid, but then his smile faded slightly, "Don't we need to drive home? Two of us has to stay sober anyway." He shrugged.

Minho, already finding himself a comfortable spot on the sofas with his beverage, pointed to Chan, "Chan doesn't want to drink, he can drive."

"We need two people." Chan said, looking around at all of his friends for a moment, "But I don't want to make you drive Seungmin, you should drink if you want to – I guess we could always call a cab."

Hyunjin shook his head, "Nah, I don't feel like drinking, you go ahead Seungmin."

Seungmin still sat in contemplation. He seriously couldn't hold his alcohol and didn't want to get himself in trouble. What if he did something stupid? Last time he got drunk he hooked up with Hyunjin, what if he did that again? "Don't worry dude, we'll take care of you if you get plastered." Jeongin called from his spot on the couch.

Seungmin nodded, "Eh, yeah.. okay." And took a sip of his drink. He didn't like the taste of alcohol at all, but he figured he needed to let loose. Perhaps getting drunk with these guys was just what he needed to get closer with them.

Hyujin on the other hand really did want to drink, but at the same time he didn't trust himself to drink around Seungmin. He'd probably end up confessing his feelings or crying or trying to kiss him or something even worse. He just wasn't in the mood to completely out himself as a simp right now is all.

Seungmin found himself a nice spot on the couch next to Felix and looked out at the crowd of people and the flashing lights, sipping at his drink gingerly. His eyes lingered on Hyunjin who was standing at the other end of the room, but quickly looked away.

Tonight was about having fun.