Chapter 26

The car ride home was mainly silent because Selena fell asleep the minute we reached the first green light. When we got home she went to our room to change and wash up.

I went to fill Elvis's bowl with some dog food and fresh water. He barked at the sound of my phone that was ringing. I picked it up quickly seeing the familiar number.

"Stop calling me," I hissed at her, "I don't care if this is an emergency." I ended the call quick with a harsh tone.

I went upstairs after to change as well. Selena was already in bed and spreading the lotion on her belly. I took off my blazer and set it aside, climbing onto the bed.

"Babe you're not getting any stretch marks, I'm pretty sure you're okay," I laugh, rolling over to her.

She pouted looking at her growing belly, "I'm already having some on the sides."

"It's not permanent," I stared at her, but she pertained a frown on her lips as she rubbed the lotion all around. I held her hand between mine, "I still love you babe."

Her eyes roll up to my attention and she gives soft smile, brushing away the curls falling on my forehead, "Go shower you stinky bum. I'm going to sleep."

I pecked her hands and her lips before getting up. I lifted myself off the bed and headed to our bathroom that was filled with steam. The water was at a good temperature, I got in for 15 minute shower before coming out.

I wrapped a towel around my waistband and back out to our room, just remembering my pajamas were left in our room.

Selena was now reading a pre-mother book that she got earlier this week. She was so focused that she hadn't even payed any attention to me.

I went to our closet and checked behind the door hook but I thinks he probably tossed into the wash.

"Hey babe, did you take my pajamas to wash?" I asked, walking back around from the walk-in closet.

She puts her book down and stares at me for a second, "No, they should be in the closet. I saw them this morning."

She gets out of bed and walks by me to our closet. Then minutes later she comes back out with my set of flannel pajama pants and Yankees t-shirt.

"Where did you find that?" I asked, watching her pass by me again with my work clothes that I just stripped out of.

"It fell from the shelf, I must've folded up there this morning when it fell," she shouts from the closet, then walking back out. I caught her just by the door frame, wrapping my bare chest on hers.

An exasperated laugh escapes her lips as she squeals for release, "Ah you're all wet Nick!"

"I'm sorry I forgot to come get you, I had an urgent meeting today." I frowned, resting my cheek on her shoulder. "I promise to come fetch you tomorrow though."

"Don't promise, you can't guarantee it." She pulls away and heads to bed, I followed closely behind her. I sat down on the bed next to her.

"Babe..."

"It's okay," she looks at me with these soften eyes, "I understand that you were busy but I also hope you understand how important it is to me that you're here for the whole process..."

Now I feel like I just got crowned king for biggest jerk.

"I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to hear you say sorry," she shifts up towards me and holds my hand, "I just want you to know its important for me to know you're in this."

I nodded and pecked her forehead, "Okay, I promise I will try to be with you as much as I can and not break my promises..."

She nods to show her agreement, I smile and pull her in for a kiss. I moved forward, pressing her against the bed frame then-

My phone rang, making us both pull away.

"Sorry babe," I reached over the night stand to pick up the vibrating phone. Selena had a frown on her lips that she slightly hid, she picked up her book and continued from where she left off.

"Hello?" I answered, I knew it was Olivia. I didn't want Selena to get suspicious so I got up and walked out of the room. As soon as I got into the office down the hall I hissed at her, "What the hell do you want from me?"

"I wonder what your wife would think if I sent her the video of tonight's events," I hear her vicious voice shutter a laugh from the other end.

"What do you want?" I ask her calmly this time.

"Meet me at Augusteen Lane tomorrow, I have a surprise for you." With that she hung up.

I deleted my history log on my phone before going back into our bedroom. This time Selena had her back to the door and she was lying down already.

I slipped on my pajamas quickly and picked up the wet towel and tossed that into the hamper.