Chapter 16

Selena's POV

I had a panick attack, I was completely still as Evan screamed in horror from his fall. I was just glad the fact his head was not cracked open, although he got a cut slashed on his forehead. The boy was crying in still as I was on the phone for the office to contact his parents, it was then I noticed he looked like he was having an allergy reaction, his face suddenly got red and puffy.

The tears stopped streaming down as he calmed a bit.

"Epi--" I took notice of what he was pointing to, I hung up and ran to get his epipen. 

"Everyone please move back and give Evan some space to breathe," I ordered them as I opened the epipen, and in one jab into his thigh, another he shoots out a screeching yell of pain and the tears continued to come again.

I took him in my arms for comfort.

"Mrs. Jonas, is Evan going to be okay?" I turned to the students and nodded.

"Alright, Evan is a big boy, I'm going to take him to the office, everyone get back to work and Ms. Hazel will come in to watch you guys, alright?" I caressed Evan in my arms and walked over to the class across. 

Ms. Hazel came right to the door and promised to watch after my class as I carried Evan to the office. In the best motherly way possible, I soothed him in my arms hoping his tears would slow and breath will become even again.

As we reached the office I've realized the soothing had actually help, considering how he's stopped crying but just sobbing.

"Mrs. Jonas, my head really hurts, and so does my leg," he sobs into my shoulder.

"I'll let your daddy know when he gets here alright? You will feel all better after seeing the doctor," I promised him.

We've reached the office but Chase, nor his wife, Blake was here yet so we sat along the waiting area. He began to fall asleep as time passed. I stared at Evan and began to think how I would react if I was Chase or Blake, would I be a furious parent or would I just be panicking that my child is injured?

I touched my stomach and sighed.

"Oh my god, Evan!" Evan jumps up almost immediately as we turn to the familiar voice of his father. 

"Daddy!" he runs over to Chase's arms and the tears began to pour again.

I follow behind, "Hey I'm so sorry, it was my fault, I was on the phone and totally missed him climbing on the chairs..."

Chase, who had his arms filled with a crying Evan shook his head, "Don't worry, he'll be fine after a while."

"I know... but it really was my fault, I should've been more attentive," I continued to apologize, "Oh by the way, I think he had a reaction from the dust or something from the cupboard because his face got red and puffy right after he fell down and he said his head was hurting. And I'm guessing that's probably from the fall. But I used the epipen and I think it calmed him down, the puffiness reduced--"

"Thank you so much, you did good, don't worry," Chase calms me down with a warm smile, but we were terrorized as Blake stormed in, in an angry manner.

"How's Evan?" she had completely ignored me and just pouted looking at her baby and frowning. "Babe come here."

"Mommy... I fell and my head hurts a lot right now," Evan starts balling from his dad to his mother who was taking him now.

She gave me a dirty look as she received her son, "What happened? How did he fall? Weren't you in the class?"

"I was, I'm sorry it was my fault, I was ont he phone and I was absent minded," I began to apologize again, "I didn't know the children would be climbing up and down to get the art supplies, I had it--"