Chapter 12

After everyone has left, Nick looks into the room. Selena was alone now, Joe took Demi and her mom home, figuring out they were tired. His parents left too, after hearing Selena was in no life danger, they were relieved.

He walks in quietly, she was sleeping soundlessly. He sighs, still angry at himself but now for both reasons, he cheated and he didn't know she was pregnant. Thinking of a little Selena or little Nick was always exciting yet terrifying as his experience with kids are not so... good unlike Selena.

She slept to a side, so there was a little space between them. He lied down, and pulled her into his chest, he rubbed on her stomach gently, trying to feel for the baby. But it only caused her to stirr.

He soon fell asleep watching her, he admired this new beauty of her, it was motherly. He couldn't risk to lose her.. ever.

Selena eventually woke up, feeling the breathing from behind trickle down her neck. She turns around just to see his face, already knowing that it was Nick. She felt the tears come down again, she felt so betrayed, but she still loved him.

The thought of the puddle of blood scared her. She wonders if the baby was still there, the thought of a miscarriage scared her and more tears spilled. Her breathing eventually became uneven, Nick woke up hearing her cry.

"Shh..." he soothes her, rubbing the hair and pressing his lips on her forehead.

"N-Nick..." grabs onto his chest, and sobs into it, suspecting they've lost their baby. The tears harden and continued to fall, her grasp on him became tight. "I-I was p-p-pregnant..."

"Baby you still are," he softly said, already knowing what she was thinking, "Hey... shh... it's not good to cry, its not good for the baby."

"What?" she turned her head to look at him.

"You just had a minor attck from stress," he hushes her, bringing her close again "It's alright, both you and the baby are okay."

Suddenly she didn't feel so needy of him. She just says, "Oh."

"Baby I know you're mad but I want to make this work, I promise or the baby."

"Let's talk about this later," she wipes off the tears, and turns away from him, "You should go back home, you were probably here for a long time..."

He felt sorry and mostly broken seeing how she's refusing his love, "I'm going to be here with you, through this whole thing." He said, his hand squeezes hers as he embraces her into his chest, he kisses her hair. "I love you."

She felt a drop of tear, run down her cheek, but quickly melted into the soft fabric of the pillow. She just nods, it didn't feel right to say it back because she didn't know if it was by comfort that he said it or was it real.

He just let things be, and fell asleep beside her. Later the evening his parents were back, they brought some night essentials for Selena and also some food. It woke them up when Kevin's girls came in, they brought their stuffed animal.

"Aunty Selly," they said in unison, happily and jolly as they skipped over.

"Hey girls," Selena said, smiling in the most optimistic way she can.

Leah jumps onto the bed, and hugs her, "Will you get better aunt Selly?"

"Of course I will," Selena giggles, hugging the little girl. "I will be out of the hospital faster than Lightening McQueen."

That made her giggle as she moved over for her sister, Alena. 

"We brought you our teddy, Gem, he was keep you company at night," Alena hands her the little blue bear, and kisses Selena's cheek, "Get well aunt Selly."

"For sure," Selena replies, then look around the room seeing everyone smile in awe. Everyone but Nick and Kevin. "Where did the boys go?"

Just so, they saw the nurses chase down the hall. And they hear slamming against the walls.

"Dear God, what's going on," Denise ran out to see the event, and everyone followed except for Alena and Leah who was told to stay with Selena.

"Is everything alright?" they stared at her.

Selena just nods but she was scared inside too, "Don't worry, we're all safe here."

It occured just faster than the words left Nick's lips. Kevin took him out to lecture what an ass his brother was, first for never being home to be a good husband then second for having Selena find out about the photo and third which was the worst, was for kissing that girl in the first place. Then everything went viral and the fight was on.

They shoved, pushed one another against the walls. Their parents, Danielle, nurses and doctors ran down the hall to separate them. Nick's forhead was bruised up by Kevin's punch, and so was his lip and cheek, which were actually bleeding. And Kevin wasn't too far off from that, he has a bruised cheek, chin and his brow was slightly cut from Nick's ring.

"Break it off you two," the doctor orders them, he was a 60 year old man and trying to separate them, in his angry tone, "This is a hospital for Christ sake, have a little respect for it."

"Paul, catch me," their mother said faintly, she felt unease. 

The boys were literally held between the nurses and doctors to separate them. Danielle rushes over to her husband, despite her anger at him right now. 

Nick hisses and flings off the nurses grasp on him as he walks down to the ER for some bandages himself. Kevin had been tolled by one of the nurses to the quickest room to clean him up.

When he retrieved to the room, everyone was gone. Even the girls, they fell asleep in Selena's arm so their parents carried them off. Nick had waited for everyone to leave actually. The whole family saw him as a jerk now, for hurting Selena and their baby possibly.

She was sound asleep already, and her meal was barely touched. He sighed, shamed to show his face to her. It would just earn another disappointed look.

He sat down on the chair and just sobs into her blanket, and just holds her hands. He kisses it and just watch her sleep. Hundreds of thoughts ran through his head.

Thinking of all he had done wrong and all that he should have corrected.

"I'm sorry baby..." he whispers to her in a hush voice.

"I know." He didn't expect it because he thought she was asleep, but her eyes flutter open and a tired smile reflects her lips.