Chapter 4

The couple slept the entire day, it was already quarter to two when they woke up. Selena's eyes searched the room for her shirt, but Nick grabs her back into his embrace from behind. Making her giggle and pout.

"Baby, I'm hungry," she pouts.

"I'll feed you," he groans tiredly against the soft skin of her back, "Stay..."

"Well at least go get a shower," she giggles, picking up his arms around her and wrapping them around her waist.

He pops open one eye, "It is really hard to get up when your sexy wife is naked in front of you."

It made her blush all shades of red, she rolls her eyes playfully and tries to drag him up.

"No..." He pouts, his lips travels to her lips. And down goes another round. They let their sins escape this day, and explore the depths of one another.

It wasn't sex, it was love.

When they got into the shower, they couldn't help but replay everything again. They teased one another in the shower, until they heard their stomach grumble. Nick trails behind her, with his hands are her waist, as she walks downstairs. She giggles at the kisses he gave her.

Their dog barks at them when they arrived to the kitchen, he was eating off the last bit of food Selena left for him last night. Elvis was a big dog and needed a lot more than what she provided, he was sure mad at her for not feeding him this morning. But seeing them so lovely, the dog squeaks, falling back down into comfort.

Nick chuckles, and releases her for a minute to get Elvis's food, he bends down and pours out the snacks, "Sorry man, but I just can't resist my wife here."

"Nick!" Selena gasps, getting out the eggs and ingredient from the fridge, "Ignore him Elvis."

"Hmm..." Nick gets up, hugging her from behind, "I wasn't lying."

She cracks the eggs and tosses in some toppings for their omelette, "It's okay, I can't resist you either."

He spins her around to the counter behind them, pressing her back against the edge. He looks at her, as if reading her mind. "I love you."

"You already said that," she smiles softly, pressing her lips against his then pulling away before he tells her she's ruining it, "I love you more."

"I love you more than more," he says in a husky voice, causing her to laugh. He rubs her sides, bringing her in for a kiss, until the home phone rang. On the counter next to them, she pouts resting her forehead on his chest, praying he won't pick up. 

"Ugh! Who's so annoying," she groans, throwing her head back in annoyance.

"Someone's hormones are up," Nick smirks, before picking up the phone from behind, "Hello?"

He loosens the grip on her as he kept saying through the phone, "Mhm... uh-huh... okay... see you later man."

Selena's heart dropped hearing the last part, see you later. She didn't think he was cheating, she knew it was the same as usual, the boys were calling him out for a poker game. She hated them, ever since Nick changed his jobs, his new colleagues constantly calls him up for these things but some of them were since high school
Just because they are single, they expect Nick to join their bachelor nights all the time.

His new pals, weren't such a fan of her either. They feel as if, she's just pulling Nick down from fun, they always thought she was too uptight, or too goody-goody to party like them; every Friday go clubbing and boozes. This is something she despised them so much for.

"Hey babe... I'm just going to go out for a bit," he says, slowly releasing her and that was what she felt, their love was just bursting to the top of the world minutes, seconds, miliseconds ago. And now their marriage was just slowly releasing its grip on hope and love, just like how everyone predicted.

Disappointment was written in her eyes, but she forced a smile, trying to hold in the tears, "Don't stay out too late." Quickly, she turns back around to flip the egg.

Nick hated when she does this, making him feel guilty. But hey, it was him who decided to go out after making love to his wife and right now, he was the one bursting the love bubble.

He wraps his arms around her waist, pecking her cheek, "Don't be mad at me, I'll be home before 9:00, don't stay up this time and don't drink..."

"Sure," she says, clearly pissed off now. He was still determined to leave after what they shared, what happens to the sweet moments of breakfast in bed... or now, lunch-dinner in bed?

Nick sighs, spinning her around and looking at her pouty eyes. He tilts her chin up to him, "Hey, don't pout, my wife is much prettier when she smiles."

That caused a smile to form, as she accepted his compliment.

"I'll be home tonight," he says softly, this time, but also like every other time, it sounds genuine. He brings his lips down to hers and left a sweet remark on it.

"Fine... but-" Selena wasn't done, but he pecks her a few more times, making her giggle and finally releasing her, now he was laughing too.

"Have fun..." she finally says in that sweet and soft tone of hers, it was that voice that made his heart race, that voice that makes him fall in love with her all over again.

He nods and pecks her before actually leaving this time. Selena hears the door close, she picks up her omelette and turns to Elvis.

"Looks like its gonna be just us tonight bud," she shrugs, and walks over to the couch. She turns on the TV and watches some Sunday night movie before going to take Elvis for a walk.