Chapter 21

Selena and I arrived home pretty soon I could say, she fell asleep once I started the car. I went to get a glass of water while she showered and removed her make up.

On my way upstairs I checked my phone for missed calls or texts. 3 message Kevin, 1 message mom, 3 message Ian, 2 message Justin, 5 message Taylor, 22...23...24... messages Olivia and 10 missed calls Olivia.

I opened the message right away and stopped my tracks on the stairs.

Did you miss me?

Let's repeat last night... ;)

I miss you <3

Guess what I'm wearing...

Jesus Christ. Lord please save me, I slide the text to delete and erased my entire call history. I felt like some maniac on a history deleting spree. The bathroom door opens and Selena's footstep came close to the staircase.

Her soft giggles ringed the house. 

"Babe, it's not safe to text on the stairs, come up and change," she calls from the top of the stairs.

I look up and nodded, following her to our bedroom to get change. She replied to a text quickly before turning her attention over to me.

"Nick," she calls me in an exasperated giggle, "Put your phone down and go take a shower, you're going to end up smelling like steak all night!"

I chuckled lacing my arms around her, despite the fetus that differs the space between us, "I'm too tired to take a shower."

"You'll be sleeping on the couch if you're not showering," she starts to remove my tie and her eye seems to be staring at something for a minute, but then removes my tie for me.

"What?" I asked with a wry smile, seeing her look a bit uncomfortable.

"Nothing, go take a bath you smelly goose," She avoids direct eye contact as she starts getting in bed, "I'm too tired to care for you Mr. Jonas, we are heading to bed."

She's acting a bit strange, I put the tie down and rolled into bed with her, wrapping my arms around her. "Hmm.. you're acting a little strange.."

"It's nothing," Selena brushes off, curling into the blankets, "You smell like steak, go shower already."

"Are you sure its nothing?" I asked again, and she  nods, I smile bending over and kiss her on the cheek. "Okay, but don't sleep without me!"

I still don't believe that her avoidance was nothing, she's acting strange. Maybe she'll tell me tomorrow. But then I discovered something that gave me the answer.

I gathered my shower essentials and headed to the washroom. As soon as I stripped down to nothing, I glanced at the mirror and saw the vivid purple hickey on neck, right on the collarbone. 

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath.

I took a quick shower, praying that the hickey was not what she saw. Because I hadn't even noticed that until now.

Damn myself for having affairs at the office and secondly, for even cheating on her again.

I got back to bed, hoping to find Selena in bed, but she wasn't. I searched the washroom, the guest room and soon to be nursing room, she wasn't anywhere upstairs. But maybe downstairs.

As I neared the floor, I heard sniffles and sobs.

Sure the TV was on, but I highly doubt that's what she's crying about. 

"Babe... why are you down here?" I came around the couch and joined her and Elvis.

She was astound to see me, her sobs continued though, "The movie... its sad...'

"You're watching Friends though..." I pointed out, which I doubt a comedy is making her cry. But it seems as though more tears were falling out of her sockets. 

"H-ormones..." she snifles, then again I see her eyes drawn to my neck and more tears came down.

I rubbed my neck on the spot to cover as I sat down next to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder, "Hey look, I'll watch it with you alright?"

"D-d-don't go..." she wraps her arm around me and lays her head on my chest as I chose a better comedy on Netflix to watch.

Selena's sobs slowly came down and turned into murmurs as she fell asleep on my chest. But that's until I received the text.

Its really an emergency this time.

And I have a life a wanted to say. But instead.

My wife needs me tonight. No.