Chapter 17

Nick's POV

It's been a week since the incident at Selena's school, everday when I go to pick her up from work that Chace dude is always there. I hate to admit it, but seeing him just makes me feel uneasy, and I'm assuming its because I'm jealous.

Yesterday when I went to pick her up, and I came to her class just when she was giggling at something Chace's son was telling her, then Chace would laugh. Selena gave him this look and laughs, for a minute I felt like just pulling her away, but I wouldn't because that would've been out of line.

Everything had calmed down to neutral state, when Selena caught a glimpse of me and ran over. Well, waddled over. If she ran over, I'm scared she might slip. 

Some reason I feel like that Chace guy has something odd about him. He stares at Selena in some way that just makes me uncomfortable, especially when Selena was giving his son a hug goodbye.

But he was friendly when meeting me.

knock! knock!

Between me and the chaos in the office, was an oak door that sets a baracade to isolate me from the noise. I was stunned that I had even heard the knock.

"Come in," I said, putting down my pen and the document I was reading, or starring at since my mind was blocked.

"Nick the Chief of Aiden's Kitchen wants to speak with you," Olivia announces before strudding back out in her black stilletos.

I got out of my office and went to the front desk to see a gentleman in his early 50s dressed in a suit and tie with his assistant as he patiently waited and read through one of the kitchen utilities catalogue.

"Hello Mr. Kobolvi," I reached out to introduce myself before inviting him into my office to discuss the business corporation 2-year contract. I looked at the watch as I felt the meeting is being longer than it should be. There were a lot of speculations that he was interested to address, so we sat there talking about the company's possible deficits with the new kitchen set we're planning to put up on the market and how it will affect our business deal.

I think he was stalling me for three hours out of his personal boredom. Lunch has passed and yet, we've been talking until now. I escorted Mr. Kobolvi and headed back into my office.

"It've 5:30, I think it's about time we get off don't you?" I spun around the familiar female voice that belongs to Olivia. She had her purse in her hand and all set to leave.

"Uhm... I can't, I have to finish this new proposal by tomorrow morning, you can head out though." I told her, distracted by the mounted paper work on the desk as I began skimming through some files.

She pulls up the chair that Mr. Kobolvi was sitting on not too long ago, "I'll just wait until you're done then."

I sighed, it was getting a bit annoying as to how she continuously wants to stick around me. If I wasn't married this wouldn't be too bad, except I am, therefore I cannot stay after hour to flirt with my assistant.

And to be honest, Olivia is beautiful in every way, but I'm not the right person to be talking to her in the same way as her. 

"You can stay here if you want, but be at your desk, I seriously need to finish this by tonight and I can't afford to entertain you," I told her as I began to edit and rewrite the proposal.

"Okay," she grins, getting up and winks before she steps out, "Just remember I'll be out here."

I ignored her and went back to reading the documents on my desk. I wish she would've just left like everyone else in the office. It's been almost two hours overtime and I'm only part way done on the proposal, when I glanced out to the office between the blinds, she was surprisingly still out there. 

Except, she was asleep on the desk with her head resting on her arms. I went to pack up my documents and the proposal to read at home instead. I felt weird to have her waiting for me, although I could tell she is doing this on purpose, despite the fact knowing I have a wife.

As soon I was ready to leave, I went to her desk and tapped on her shoulder lightly. She releases a soft groan as she's coming to her senses.

"Uhm.. I'm heading out now, you're not going to sleep in the office are you?" I joked.

She stands up and straightens herself on her pencil skirt, "Of course not, but can you give me a lift?"

I checked my watch, and it was already 8:34, I'd feel guilty having her wait for me and have her take the cab home, although Selena is probably waiting at home right now. But some how I said yes anyways.

"Sure."

"Great," she giggles, slightly stroking my chest and giggles as she walks ahead of me to the elevators.