Chapter 14

Selena slips out of his grasp as she turns to the washroom, her breath stocked as she gased and letting the toxicated fluid escape her system. Nick hurries over to his wife to help. He held her hair up for her as she threw up into the toilet.

"Don't... " she presses on his chest, not even looking as more fluid came out, "It's gross Nick."

He did not follow her demand and just stayed to hold up her hair, she finished after a few more times. Her face became pale instantly, he held onto her as she walked down the stairs but she constantly refused to offer.

As the reach the bottom, she breaks off from his embrace to the fridge and pouts as her eyes wander their big fridge.

"Did we run out of pickles?" she asks in a lazy tone, she grabbed something out before he could answer, "Looks like carrot and grapes would do," she shrugs, brining out the bowl of grapes.

"Do you want me to cook something or heat up something for you?" he walks over trying to help.

She just shakes her head, concentrating on the proportion of grape and carrot she's pouring out.

He sighs, and wraps his arms around her tiny waist, which was beginning to grow a small bump. There was a type of frenzy connection when he touched her stomach, it was like communicating with the baby already.

To him it was magical, a baby that was composed of him and Selena. He never thought anything could be more perfect.

He kissed the back of her neck as he embraced her, "Selena, give me a second chance."

She stopped, releasing a heavy sigh, "I gave you more than one chance Nick, but you proved me wrong each time and I'm just so stupid for falling for it everytime."

"No...." He hushes her, turning her around, still in his arms, "you and the baby mean the world to me now, I promise I won't party with Zac and Ian anymore... Give me a chance."

She couldn't help but feel the tears dwell up in her eyes, "Promises seem to never work for us... Maybe they were right about us being too young for marriage-"

"Don't say that," he demands, feeling tears leaving his eyes as well, "I knew you were the one the day I saw you--Selena this is all we ever wanted, a family, can't we put the past behind and start over? I love you baby."

It must be the hormones because Selena felt her hands loop around Nick's the next second and she sobbed into his neck uncontrollably. He held her too, letting the tears fall freely.

"I'll make things right this time around baby," he kisses her head.

"Nick," she finds the words to spill out her mouth, she pulls away and gives him a kiss on the lips.

They stood by the kitchen hugging each other and just enjoyed the presence of one another. Until Selena got tired and went to bed again, he continued to clean up around then walked Elvis around the neighbourhood before getting home.

While Nick was gone Demi came over to visit her little sister, Selena had just fallen asleep when Demi arrived. But she thought Nick would be home to get it so she just slept but the doorbell continued to ring having Selena walk downstairs to get the door.

Demi walks in with some groceries for her sister, "Hey how you feeling?"

"Tired," Selena yawns with a smug smile, walking them to the couch, "what did you bring?"

She figures Nick wasn't home since Selena had to get the door, "Some fresh peaches from the market. Where's Nick?"

"I think he took Elvis out for a walk," she rubs her tummy and sits down on the couch, then catching Demi roll her eyes muttering something under her breath, "What Dems?"

"I just think he isn't ready to be committed into a marriage or even be a father," she sighs, sitting down next to her sister, "I don't want him to be partying again and hurt you, especially when you are pregnant."

"Demi... He promised he won't and I.." She begins to hesitate, fidgeting with the ring in her finger, "I forgave him."

"Selena?!" She practically gawked, "he doesn't deserve to be forgiven, had you forgot all those nights you called me crying because Nick was came home drunk or that your marriage was falling apart?!"

"Demi why can't you be happy for me? I'm having Nick's baby, and I want him to be there for our child," Selena retorts angrily at her sister, who can't seem to understand her,

"I would be happy for you if you took a second thought the day he asked you to marry him, you guys are just too young and don't understand the meaning of marriage," Demi sighs, also in frustration, "and now it is too late because you are already knocked up."

"I am pregnant not knocked up Demi, I am going to be a mother, why can't you just accept that or forsakes even try to accept Nick?" She yells at her sister, standing up now.

"I am trying to protect you from getting hurt," Demi stands up now too, letting those angry tears fall, "And Nick has proved me right so many times, the late nights that he'd come home and sometimes in the morning , he is never going to change his habits Selena, wake up!"

Both of the sisters bickered on until Demi picked up her purse.

"You know what? I'm done babying you, take my advice or leave it," she angrily says making her way to the door, "I really don't need to waste my time trying to make you believe me."

"Oh yea? Why don't you try to stop acting like a mother to me and more like a supportive sister?!" Selena barks, chasing her out the door.

Demi steps out turning around one last time, "When Nick decides to dump you again, don't come to me!"

"Fine!" With that she slams the door, making herself cry harder as she finally collapse onto the floor on her way to the couch. She let the tears fall as she sobbed.

Nick was just walking home with Elvis when he sees Demi's car turn out from the driveway, her car drove off to the opposite end. He was just thankful he didn't have to be there when she was. He enters the house with Elvis.

"Babe I'm home," he calls out, letting the leash off of Elvis as he slipped off his shoes, until he hears those restless sobs from his wife. His feet trembles it's way to the cries that got louder with each step, then he finds her by the wooden floor, crying into her palms. He bends down to her, turning to face him, "Hey... Hey what's wrong baby? I was just walking Elvis out, I swear."

Her glistening eyes from the fresh tears looks at him, then more just spilled as she embraces him from her dangly long arms, "D-don't l-l-leave me... P-promise?"

"Baby what happened? I promise," he promises, drawing her close to his chest as he continued to hush her.

"D-Demi and I h-had a fight," she burst as more tears fell.

His heart broke seeing how he is tearing apart their relationship.

He had to make things right this time around.