Chapter 36

We got home just before 5:00, she was really tired in the ride home considering how she fell asleep. I took in her duffle bags, as soon as we opened the door Elvis came lounging to her.

"OH MY GOD!" Selena squeals, she lunges herself down to hug Elvis, "Nick?! You got us a dog?! Ahh you're so cute!" she turns back and kisses Elvis.

I guess Elvis isn't anywhere in her memories...

"Uhm... we've had him for while Sel.." I settled the bags by the couch, she follows in with Elvis.

She looks at me awkwardly, "Oh... So I'm supposed to remember him?"

"Hey, the memories will come back don't worry," I tell her, "Maybe take your meds and go sleep for a bit okay? The doc says you need a lot of rest before returning to work."

"Alright, I guess..." she frowns, petting Elvis's head before heading up to our bedroom. I followed her up in case she breaks down again.

She stared into the bedroom for while, "Woah it's a mess here..."

It was a mess in here, while she was in the hospital I made no efforts to clean the house. There were towels on the floor, clothes on the floor and some around the hamper that I missed, the bed was not made. Our pillows were all over and so were the bedsheets, I dropped her duffle bag aside and stepped forward to clean it up quickly.

"Sleep," I opened the covers for her, she smiles and slips in, I cover the blanket over her shoulder, "Sleep well babe, get some rest." I kissed her cheek before walking out.

"Wait," she grabs me by the wrist, I turn back around, "Can we cuddle until I fall asleep?"

I chuckle, this sounds like her every time she's sick in bed, "Of course," I went around to the bed and embraced her into my arms.

She smiles wrapping her arm around my side and snuggling into the nape of my neck. She lets out a soft sigh, all I hear after is her soft breathing hitting my chest.

"Nick..." she softly whispers.

"Hmm...?" my eyes were closed, rested right above the crown of her head.

"Did we know the sex of the baby?" she asks, her voice was breaking between the words.

My eyes open, "No. But I know you wanted a boy." I felt her tear sink into my shirt, I lowered my head to her, and brushed away the tear.

She wipes the other side of her face, "I wish I could remember..."

"We have a life time to have kids babe," I say to her.

"I know, but I have nothing to remember the baby with, it's as if it never existed," she looks up at me with a new coat of tears.

I pulled out my wallet from my back pocket and pulled out the sonogram that was printed by the OBGYN from the hospital.

"Nick!" she gasps, wiping her tears away and holding the photo to look at it. She stares at the photo in awe for a few moments before embracing me tightly, "I love you, you're the best. How did you get this?"

"I asked the OBGYN before she took you into surgery," I chuckled, brushing her hair away, "Now you will remember the baby did exist, he/she will always be our first child, although it didn't come to this world."

She snuggles in and kisses my lips, "I love you Nicholas Jonas."

"And I love you too, Selena-Marie Jonas," I kisses her back.

She fell into my arms afterwards and snuggles into my chest again, falling asleep with the sonogram in her hands. I fell asleep too, don't know when but surely sometime after her, I remember sleeping after hearing her soft snores.