01

"Arranged marriages? That's what they settled on to increase the population in the Wizarding World?" Oshun questioned, dubious.

Her father, Bryson, nodded. "Tomorrow, once everyone is back at Hogwarts, each student will get a card on their bed with the name of their spouse," he explained. "The new law will officially be announced early tomorrow morning."

Oshun sighed. She leaned back on the dark leather couch in the living room, where she was reading until her father came in to talk to her. She stroked her cat, Baloo, who lay next to her on the couch.

It was no surprise arranged marriages were going to be a thing now because throughout the years, the population in the Wizarding World was shrinking.

At this moment, it was at its lowest. So because of that, arranged marriages were going to be put in place to repopulate and increase the population.

She knew arranged marriages existed, but she'd thought they were only in her head and fictional stories. Apparently not.

"Is there anything else I need to know before I get my future spouse's name?" Oshun asked, running her index fingertip up and down the edge of the page of the book she was reading.

Bryson thought for a moment, seated in the matching leather armchair diagonal from his daughter. "There's not much I know about it at the moment," he eventually said. "I'm positive Headmaster Dumbledore will speak on it more thoroughly tomorrow at the feast."

"When's Mama going to get home?" She closed her book, her shoulders visibly dropping.

He looked down at his expensive gold watch. "She should be home in an hour, maybe less. I reckon I'll get started on dinner." He rose from the chair. "Anything specific, Bug?"

She flashed a faint smile. "Anything's fine."

She watched as her father left the living room. Left her in her own thoughts.

Oshun would be starting her fourth year at Hogwarts tomorrow. She already knew what she wanted to be in the future, so she took only the mandatory classes. She wanted to be an author, like her dad.

Oshun's parents were on and off when she was younger and Gwen, her mum, always refused to let Bryson have Oshun for even a day—protective mother.

Now, Gwen and Bryson had been together for a solid nine years without a breakup or break. They married a while ago, when Oshun was fifteen. They were happy now. A happy family.

Gwen and Bryson were both very attractive—making Oshun a work of art.

Bryson was a tall Filipino-Japanese man with caramel skin, dark eyes and dark, curly hair shaved nearly to the scalp. He had muscled arms and legs.

He had a toned chest and a strong jaw. He had tattoos—Oshun's full name as a sleeve on his left arm and Gwen's name on his right bicep. He was a very fit man.

Gwen was a tall Chinese-Cambodian woman with pale skin and beautiful dark eyes. She had dark hair, nearly black. She was a petite woman, but she was an elegant woman. She also had a tattoo—Oshun's birthday on the side of her index finger.

Oshun came out as a perfect mixture of her parents—dark eyes, caramel skin, big lips, tall figure. She also had thick thighs—no thigh-gap—and a bit of a belly, but she loved it.

She had flabby arms and stretch marks on the inside of her thighs. She was okay with it. It didn't bother her.

She wasn't going to workout to try and work off her chub because she didn't mind it. She was okay with the way she looked.