15

"Why are you only telling me this now?" Forest gasped, her almond-shaped eyes saucers.

"I forgot to mention it." Oshun shrugged her shoulders as she took her tank top off.

"You just so happened to forget that you're going to this ball with Malfoy, which is taking place today?" Forest scoffed. She shook her head as she followed her roommate to the bathroom. "Alright, sure."

"You think I want to go with the guy?" Oshun scoffed back, eyebrows drawn together in vexation. "He didn't give me a choice. He said he wants to make Astoria Greengrass jealous since she's going with Higgs. And then Malfoy said it's perfect because this would also make Fred jealous."

Forest held her friend's stare through the mirror, arms folded over his chest. "Malfoy's got a point. Maybe Fred will get jealous and end things with Granger," she said, trying to think on the bright side.

Oshun just shook her head, wordless.

Fred had told her it was more complicated, and she believed him. She just didn't know how complicated it was because they didn't talk much—much less open up to each other.

"Do you want to shower first?" Oshun asked as she grabbed a fresh towel from the cupboards.

"No, you go ahead." Forest waved a hand as she left the bathroom. "I'm going to paint my nails really quickly."

Oshun stripped herself after shutting the door. She hopped into the shower and took a generous amount of time.

In the shower, she tended to think about a lot of scenarios and conversations and other random things.

Right now, she was thinking about how tonight would turnout with her date being Draco Malfoy.

She was thinking about some scenario like walking into the ball, arm in arm. Or ball dancing with him. Or fixing his tie while Astoria's eyes gawked their way.

Would he let her fix her tie if Astoria was watching? To make her jealous? He did say be prepared to do whatever it takes to make Astoria jealous.

Oshun didn't really care to make Fred jealous, even though she so badly wanted to be the one going to the ball with him. But perhaps, this could benefit her?

Maybe she could gain something from this? Maybe Fred would finally make an effort to talk to her some more? Not breakup with Hermione, but at least talk to Oshun some more.

Oshun wrapped herself in a robe after her shower and brushed her teeth. She washed her face and did her makeup while Forest showered.

Oshun did light makeup, but it was noticeable. She wore a dark colour on her lips and she put on some gold earrings. She always wore her jade Buddha necklace, so that hung comfortably around her neck.

For her hair, she dried it and let her natural curls frame around her face. She didn't do anything to her hair except maybe scrunch it a bit and pull certain curls to the proper angle. A gold, expensive tiara rested on her head, a tiara her mum sent for her to wear for this event.

She pulled on some tiny shorts before slipping into her gown. She wore a red off-the-shoulder gown that had sparkles on the torso and a majestic design along the skirt.

She sprayed some perfume on her neck, behind her ears, and wrists, rubbing them together. She stepped into beige strappy heels and prepared herself for an eventful evening.

_____

"Ready?" Oshun's eyes flicked over to her roommate.

Forest wore a white blazer with matching pants and a black lace top underneath. She paired it with silver heels and silver jewelry. Her hair was pinned back in a tight bun, and she looked stunning.