23

Oshun was fucking glad to leave that manor.

She sat in the ride that Narcissa called to drive Draco and Oshun back to her house.

Oshun eagerly counted the minutes as they got closer and closer to her house.

She was so excited to see Simon and her parents. She didn't even get to see Simon before she left to go to Malfoy Manor.

Draco sat across from Oshun in the ride, fiddling with his rings in his lap. His gaze was lowered to his rings as he rested his ankle on the opposite knee.

She noticed that about him. He played with his rings a lot—a lot. When he was nervous, bored, anxious, relaxed, etcetera. She was sure it was a subconscious thing he did, playing with his rings.

He had a lot of them. They were all silver with different engravings and designs and gems. He had a Malfoy crescent ring on his middle finger.

His rings complimented the veins that ran down his pale forearms to his hands so deliciously. Everything about this boy was mysterious, yet so oddly obvious.

"My house... uh, it's in the Muggle World," Oshun said awkwardly as she veered her eyes to the handsome boy before her.

"I know." His genial eyes lifted to capture hers.

"Oh. Okay." She nodded and clamped her hands between her thighs for warmth.

Things weren't really awkward for them, but they often just didn't know what to say to each other. Oshun was comfortable around him and he was with her, but they didn't say much.

He had slept with her that night and the last night of her visit. She didn't mind it because sleeping in the same bed as him in that sombre manor made her feel somehow safe.

She never brought up his bruises and wounds either since she didn't want to overstep. But Narcissa never said anything about her son's battered face the next morning during breakfast.

Oshun didn't want to make assumptions, so she didn't. She didn't know the situation going on in that household.

Oshun didn't ask Draco anything about it because she would patiently wait until he was ready to open up—if he wanted to open up with her.

He also didn't have to worry about her saying anything because she wouldn't. It wasn't her secret or story to tell, but she'd be there for him in any way she could.

Now, she studied Draco's face and was glad that his bruises went down. The work on his face was barely noticeable unless you looked for it.

The morning after she'd comforted him, she'd casted a small spell to quicken the healing process of his bruises.

She asked him if she could. He nodded. But they never spoke about his battered face or what was going on between him and his father.

As soon as the ride stopped on the side of the neighborhood, the door was opened by the driver. Draco allowed Oshun to get out first and then she went to the trunk.

"Allow me." The driver opened the trunk and pulled out their trunks.

Oshun was not used to this, but she thanked him for her trunk and took it with a smile. She felt Draco trail behind her as she walked up the porch stairs.

She raised her fist and knocked on the black front door of her home.

The door opened and her mum's beautiful face was brightened with joy. "Hi, my beautiful girl." Gwen drew her daughter in for a hug. "It's so good to have you back home."

"Hi, Mama." Oshun hugged back and kissed the side of her mum's head.

"Come in, come in." Gwen ushered the two inside the home after releasing her daughter from her embrace.