02

"THIS IS THE MOST HORRIFIC THING EVER TO HAPPEN ON EARTH!" Da'Shylah was damn near tears of frustration.

"Glad I silenced the bloody compartment," Giovanni muttered under his breath, folding his arms across his broad chest.

"You're not mad!?" Her loud voice startled everyone, eyebrows lifted. "You're going to be forced to marry a lady!"

"I'll figure it out." He waved a dismissive hand, completely calm. "Da'Shyhlah, lovely, you should
probably take a couple deep breaths."

"But I want a lady," Da'Shylah said sadly with a crestfallen expression. She turned her body and swung her legs over Forest's thighs, her feet on Mavi's thighs. "Let me marry a lady. Gio, we can switch."

He thought about it for a moment, considering. "If they allow it, sure," he said, giving her a smile that revealed his single dimple.

Oshun was sitting between Giovanni and Joaquin on one side of the compartment. Da'Shylah, Forest, Mavi, and Tavius sat on the opposite side.

They were on their way to Hogwarts and they were discussing the arranged marriage law. It was all over the Daily Prophet and some people were furious about it. But again, no one except the Ministry had a say in it.

Everyone in Oshun's friend group was single, so significant others were not one of their issues with the new law. Though for a lot of other people, it definitely was an issue.

Oshun herself had never been in a relationship. She had crushes and one single hookup her whole life, but she was just never a relationship sort of lady. She was more of a studies, books, and career lady.

"I lost my cat." Oshun gasped at the realization that Baloo was no longer sitting on the ledge of the seat. She shifted to the edge of her seat and looked around the compartment. "Damn cat—little shit thinks he can just stroll without me knowing."

"He'll be back. He's probably just walking around the train." Joaquin rubbed her knee soothingly.

"Mum made arrangements for me to get a new roommate." Da'Shylah changed the subject, seeming as though she were trying to get her mind off the arranged marriages. "Luna Lovegood, I think, is my new roommate. Or Cho. I don't remember."

"Finally going to get away from the roommate who takes all your shit, huh?" Tavius grinned teasingly at her. "What was it that she took that made you completely done with her? Your... was it your fuck-me pumps?"

"Yes." Da'Shylah glared at him. "Those shoes were expensive. Mum got it for me for my birthday, and my ex-roommate just fucking stole them. Stuck her bare feet in them like they were made for her."

"Honestly, I'd rather have a roommate that steals than one that blabbers non-stop," Mavi muttered with a sour expression. "Don't get me wrong, Abbott is a lovely girl, but sometimes I just want to be alone in my thoughts." She threw her dark curly hair into a low ponytail before pulling out hairs to frame her majestic face.

"Lucky me. I have Oshun as my roommate." Forest smiled a sneaky smile at said girl with a brisk wink.

Oshun blushed and smiled back. She threw her legs over Giovanni's legs and leaned back to use Joaquin's hard bicep as a pillow.

"Lucky me," Joaquin said, smoothly looping an arm over Oshun's shoulder to hug her into him. "I've got Dean. He's so easy to live with."

"Our roommate isn't bad at all. At least I don't think so. Tavius?" Giovanni jutted his chin at his twin. He put his large hands over Oshun's thighs, rubbing them absently.

Tavius shook his head. "Not at all. Pucey is an easy guy to live with. Pleasant lad," he said kindly.

The group of friends talked throughout the whole train ride. Oshun had ended up falling asleep with her head resting against Joaquin's chest.