33

"How was staying at the Notts'?" Oshun asked as her fingers rubbed her eyes tiredly from a nap.

"I got lectured by Mr. Nott about how embarrassing it is to be a Halfblood and how supid my father was for marrying a Muggle." Mavi's shoulders bobbed up in a plain shrug as she shifted slightly in her seat.

Joaquin winced at the words.

"Nott's only got a father. His mum passed away a while ago, as everyone knows," Mavi went on. "I only spent a few days there and they were the longest days of my life."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mavi." Oshun frowned.

"Did you and Nott talk at all?" Joaquin asked curiously whilst he hugged her head, stroking her hair.

"Nope," Mavi said quietly, a bare movement when she shook her head in his grasp. "He ignored me the whole time—apart from when he tried to have sex with me."

"So if you word it like that, I assume you didn't have sex with him?" Da'Shylah's voice hushed since the rest of their mates were sleeping.

They were in their usual compartment. Oshun had Forest's head resting against her shoulder, Giovanni leaning against Forest on one side of the compartment.

On the other side, Mavi leaned into Joaquin's head-hug and Da'Shylah sat with Tavius leaning against her bicep.

"No. I did not. I refuse to. He's so vile," Mavi spat with a nasty scoff. "At least Malfoy isn't as rude as Nott is. I reckon Nott got even worse. I passed by him on my way to the compartment and the lad shoved me to the wall since, apparently, I was in his way."

"What?" Da'Shylah's eyebrows drew together in fury. "Are you joking? Someone's got to teach that boy some respect."

"No, no, no." Mavi barked a dry laugh as she shook her head, sitting straight. "Apparently I need to be taught respect because I have Muggle blood running through my veins."

"It's his father." Jaoquin shook his head in disbelief. "His father is the one putting this shit into his head, same with Malfoy. It's so obvious."

Oshun tuned out of the conversation and thought about the letter she got from her parents last night.

Her parents hadn't come home and the letter they said stated they'd be gone longer since things were a bit more complex than they thought.

They hadn't found out anything, but they said they would tell her what they found. So Oshun had gotten ready and went to King's Cross after sending a letter back to her parents this morning.

She wasn't worried for her parents' safety because although they weren't a big family name and rich people, they knew the works of connections and they could get anything they needed if they hustled properly.

She was more so worried about what people would find out about her. Of course she didn't want to be in danger and die and get taken for her blood.

So far, there was nothing in the Daily Prophet, so whatever her parents talked to her about hadn't gotten out yet.

"I'm going to change into my uniform." Oshun rose from her seat as they got closer to Hogwarts, seeing as she was the only one who wasn't changed.

She grabbed her bag and headed out of the compartment. She slid the door shut before walking down to the girls' bathrooms.

Her palms pushed against the door as she walked inside and her eyes widened in an instant when she saw a platinum boy and a brunette girl fucking on the counter.

Oshun tore her eyes away instantly, scarred.

"Fuck... Draco." That was Astoria's voice.

Before Oshun could turn around and walk out, Astoria caught her. "Draco, stop it. The fucking freak is watching," she muttered bitterly to the platinum boy.