64

Oshun's heart nearly leaped out of her chest at the call of her last name and Draco's, paired together for partners.

Her dark eyes lifted from the desk to see him not moving from his seat even though all the other students were getting together with their partners for this in-class assignment.

He wasn't even looking at her.

She nodded and then braced herself. She built up the courage as she packed her things before sliding off her seat.

She made her way towards his desk in the middle, which had a now empty seat. "Hi, Draco," she said happily, more of an attempt to get him to even speak to her. "We're partners for this."

Draco nodded, though he kept his gaze at the desk, blank. His arms were folded over his chest and his back rested upon the backrest of his chair, knees spread.

She made her seat in the empty one next to him. Her bag fell to the floor after she took her things out and sprawled them onto the desk.

"Do you want to do the organizer part and I'll do the reflection portion?" she asked, and flipped open her textbook to the needed page.

"Doesn't matter." His tone was clipped.

"Okay." She tried not to frown as she took out her quill. "I suppose I'll do the organizer part then."

He nodded curtly.

She worked in silence.

He did not move.

"Malfoy, this is due at the end of class," Oshun pointed out, looking over at him.

"I'm aware." He didn't meet her eyes.

"Sooo... are you going to do it?" she questioned, and slowly blinked at him.

"Soon." He nodded tersely.

"Did—" she faltered, and her eyes fell to the floor. "Did I do something to upset you? Is that why you told Fred to keep me away from you?" Her eyes raised back to him. "You know, other than bothering you the night you told me to get out?"

He shook his head shortly.

"Then why don't you want to talk to me or be around me?" Her tone was pleading, yet so perplexed.

Draco's hand shot up in the air.

"Mister Malfoy, yes?" The Professor veered her eyes to the boy.

"May I go to the Hospital Wing?" he asked in such a bland tone. "I'm not feeling too well."

"Go on." The Professor nodded.

Wordlessly, Draco grabbed his bag, along with his things, and then left.

Oshun's head hung low as her heart clenched.

_____

"You git! That was the last one!" Giovanni smacked the back of his brother's head. "I got those for me!"

"What's yours is mine. What's mine is yours." Tavius washed down the last biscuit with his bottled water, sitting at the desk in his shared dorm.

"I'm going to strangle you," Giovanni said through gritted teeth.

"You already tried that in the womb. It didn't work," Tavius retorted back as he scrawled on his parchment.

"Let's try again then, shall we?" Giovanni's voice lowered an octave, though he did not make an attempt at putting hands on his brother.

"Okay." Tavius and everyone knew Giovanni wouldn't lay hands on his friends—or his own brother.

"I will shove my foot up your fucking ass." Giovanni was shaking with annoyance and fury.