59

Oshun retched even more and her eyes watered as a terrifying amount of black liquids splattered out of her mouth.

This was her second time in the same day puking out this vile substance, which told her that her time was running even lower.

When she spent nights with Draco or Fred, she'd always make an excuse that she ate something that upset her stomach.

But these excuses wouldn't last forever.

Her body was visibly slouched, exhausted, as she curled against the toilet. She coughed throatily and the lack splattered looked like freckles across the inside of the toilet bowl.

She felt it trickling down the centre of her lip and down her chin. She tucked her hair behind her ears, keeping it out of the way.

This time, her tears were not from the puking, but her devastation.

Once she thought she was done, she collapsed onto the cold bathroom floor and stared up at the bathroom ceiling. Gosh, she felt even worse than she thought dying could feel like.

Her lips were stained black and her teeth sheened with the substance. Her chin was smudged with the substance and her chest heaved.

She always felt such soreness and rawness in her throat after she threw up this black substance. But she just stared up at the ceiling, her mind drifting to what was always on her mind.

Draco Malfoy and Fred Weasley.

As a hormonal student, it was natural for her to be thinking about these kinds of things—boys.

Draco had eyes that were completely unforgettable. They'd recently become her favourite colour. It was silver, his eyes, but the specks of different shades of blue made his eyes appear blue in some lighting.

She would miss those eyes when her time was out.

She'd miss the intensity of his stares and the way his eyes spoke more than he ever did at times. She'd miss the way he'd hold her tightly in silence and just silently appreciate her. She'd miss the way his presence made her feel safe when only months ago, she felt so uncomfortable near him.

She admired the way he was so observant of the things he took an interest in or cared about. He noticed every detail—even the smallest ones.

Months ago, she had no clue who Draco Malfoy was. She had thought he was just an arrogant, cold, selfish prick.

But, gosh, did she get it all wrong.

Draco was sensitive and so affectionate. He was gentle and he was down to earth when the ice broke. He was observant and he was protective. He was quite spontaneous and it was what made every moment with him a thrill. He always made her heart leap with such anticipation.

He was more than what meets the eye.

Just like Fred. He was more than what meets the eye.

He may have just seemed like a trickster and devious boy—which he was, of course—but was so much more than that. He was tender and sweet. He was basically a teddy bear who wanted cuddles and kisses twenty-four-seven.

No one actually knew how smart he was. He was really intelligent, but he was also very modest. He never flaunted it and he never flaunted the other things he was good at.

She'd once counted the amount of freckles that were sprinkled across his cheekbones and his nose when he was asleep. She never got to finish counting because he'd woken up and gave her all his affection and attention the minute his eyes were open.

Though she never got to finish properly counting his freckles, she mesmerized just about each freckle and where they were. There was actually a freckle high on his left cheekbone that was small, but in the subtle shape of a heart.