06

"No, I don't want to go." Oshun tried pulling her hand from Joaquin's grasp.

"Come on..." He ushered.

"I'm going to get fucking bullied in there." She tried to fight off her friend, but failed. "Can you just cover for me, Joaquin?"

"I would if I could, sweetheart." A soft, airy sigh unleashed from his lips. "But Flitwick would go mad. He's already pissy from the whole debacle in his class earlier."

Her stomach flipped and every bone in her body was tensing the closer she got to Flitwick's office.

He slid his hand into hers, lacing their fingers to ease her. "I'll be there. I won't let them shit all over you, you know that." His tone softened.

"Me too." Giovanni's voice spoke from behind.

Oshun glanced over her shoulder to see him jogging towards them. "Where were you, Gio?" she asked as he caught up to them.

"I forgot we had detention, love," he said sheepishly. He brought his hand to the back of his head, scratching it slightly. "I was going to go get a butterbeer, but then I remembered the detention."

"You should've just ran when you had the chance, Giovanni. Should've saved yourself." Oshun exhaled as her head shook in disappointment.

He snickered at the comment and managed to make a smile peak at her lips.

As they walked, Oshun braced herself. She inhaled a heavy breath in and exhaled a heavy one out. Her heartbeat and breathing were both steady when she walked into the classroom with her friends.

But relief flushed over her tense muscles when she noticed the two Slytherin boys were not there yet.

"Take your seats," Flitwick spoke from his desk, a stamp slamming on the test he was grading.

"Separated," the Professor droned when the three friends chose spots next to each other.

Oshun's jaws set visibly as she rose from her seat and moved to the middle desk in the middle row. Joaquin and Giovanni were on opposite ends of the second row.

She had begun to grow a dislike for this professor. She was fine with him all the other years, but now she sort of really disliked him.

Within a moment, two rough, familiar voices filled the silence from outside the door.

"I thought he was kidding."

"You're actually an idiot, Nott. Not everything is a bloody joke."

"I never said it was, Malfoy. I just thought he was saying it in the moment of anger."

"As I said, you're an actual idiot."

"We wouldn't even have to be here if it weren't for you and your big fucking mouth, Draco."

"Says the one who joined in willingly."

"Because you started it."

"Nobody asked you to join in, Theo."

"If my stupid excuse of a friend is getting attacked by people with no self-respect, I won't just watch."

"You know, I would've thanked you if you didn't call me a stupid friend."

The door opened the the two Slytherins walked in.

"But you are," Theodore went on.

"That's real rich coming from you, it really is," Draco said sardonically.

"Quiet," Flitwick snapped in a stern tone. "Both of you, sit down in the back row—separated."

Oshun peeked a glance over her shoulder to see the two Slytherins sit on opposite ends off the back row. Draco was to her right and Theodore to her left.