26

"Merry Christmas." Draco's voice awakened her from her dreamy slumber.

"What?" Oshun's voice was thick with sleep as she lifted her head from the pillow.

"I said Merry Christmas, you idiot. Get up, it's nine already. Your parents and I have been up since six." He ripped the blankets off her, exposing her tiny shorts that rode up her bum and her big T-shirt.

Her cheek pressed back into the pillow as she lay on her stomach. "Mmmm...." she mumbled whilst her eyes flitted shut.

But she was rudely forced awake when he grabbed her by her ankles and yanked her halfway off of the bed. "Let's go, Takahashi. Don't make me throw you in the tub," he said firmly as he flipped her onto her back.

"Fine," she grumbled, and tiredly rubbed her sleepy eyes with her hands. "Wait, did you just say you and my parents have been up since six?" She propped herself up on her elbows.

"Yeah." He gave a little nod as he leaned against her dresser.

"Doing what?" Her eyebrow lifted in question.

"A lot of things." He shrugged his shoulders and tucked his hands under his underarms. "Baking. Cooking. Talking. Your mum showed me baby and younger pictures of you." A ghost of a smirk passed across his lips.

"Oh." The blood flooded her face as she sat up and scooted off the bed.

She and Draco fucked hours earlier at nearly four in the morning, so she had a limp. His scent actually transferred onto her bedsheets and her pillows, and she loved it.

"Your mum told me your middle name is Bea," he mentioned, and narrowed his eyes slightly at her. "Bea means blessed, correct?"

She nodded.

"Is there a reason your middle name is Bea?" he pressed on, his curiosity unmasked.

She nodded.

"And that is...?" He arched his brow.

"My mum was sick when she was pregnant with me," she explained easily. "And then she wasn't. I was blessed to be okay. She was blessed to be okay. We're blessed."

"Oh." He looked like he wasn't expecting the answer he got.

"Mhm." She nodded.

"Well, anyway. The pictures showed that you had no front teeth at age five," he said with such clear amusement. "And you cut your hair on your own, so your mum had to give you a bowl cut at seven." He was grinning widely.

She ignored him as she shoved him out of her way to grab pants.

"And then there was a picture of you in a snowman costume your mum made when you were three," he went on, partly to annoy her, "There was another picture of your with chocolate all—"

She slammed the bathroom door in his face and locked him out.

_____

"Play that one." Oshun pointed at the record in his left hand. "That is a Christmas-y one."

Draco nodded and put the record in the record player. He then sat down next to her on the leather couch in the living room in front of the fireplace.

"You know, I do not think that this is a Christmas-y one," he said after a few moments of listening to the record.

"I do not care what you think," she responded as she flipped through the usual shopping magazines. "This is pretty." Her fingertip brushed over a jean jacket.

He peeked over and then flipped the page. "This is pretty," he said as he pointed to a lingerie set. "Would look good after I rip it off you and fuck you against the wall."