47

"I think we should all just skip classes today since it's Friday, and we're all being sent to those suites tonight." Giovanni didn't mask his excitement as they all strolled to the Great Hall.

"I don't think you should skip, Gio," Mavi said with an amused smile. "You've got a makeup test for Charms today."

"Oh, yeah." His shoulders visibly dropped. "I forgot about that. Hey, Tav, do you have a makeup test for Charms as well?"

"No. Just you, mate," Tavius said, hand laced with Forest's.

Oshun was hugging one of Mavi's arms as they walked down for breakfast. They all met at the beginning of the corridor.

"But look at it this way." Joaquin swung an arm over Giovanni's shoulders. "We get through school today and we get three days off since they cancelled Monday's classes."

"That's right, that's right." Giovanni snapped and nodded enthusiastically. A grin stretched upon his lips. "Hopefully today goes by quickly then."

"See you guys." Da'Shylah waved to her friends as they all departed to go to their own tables.

"Don't catch any STDs," Giovanni called out as he and Tavius strolled to their own tables.

"Who's that meant for?" Mavi hollered back, brows drawn together.

"All of you cheeky gits." Oshun could hear the grin on Giovanni's face as he said this.

Oshun was still only going to the suite with Fred since Draco didn't mention anything about it.

Though she promised not to leave him, it didn't mean she wasn't allowed to be angry and distant from him.

And she was—angry and distant from him. She just tried not to show it because she said she forgave him and maybe she wanted to forgive him.

But her heart just wasn't ready to.

On her way to Potions, she conversed with her mates and found a table to sit at. She had Potions with the Slytherins, so Gryffindors and Slytherins spilled into the room.

"Where's Tavius?" Joaquin asked once the door shut and Snape strolled to the front of the class. "We saw the boy literally not twenty minutes ago."

The seat next to Joaquin was empty. "I don't know," Forest said slowly, and looked over her shoulder. "Maybe he's talking to another Professor?"

"I think he went with Gio to speak to Hooch," Oshun said quietly, and lifted her thigh over the other. "He said something about needing to tell Hooch he wouldn't be able to play in next week's game because he and Gio are going home for a couple days."

"Oh yeah..." Forest nodded knowingly and rested her chin in her palm, elbow upon the table. "That funeral for their mum's dad."

"Yeah." Oshun nodded and then hushed her mates as Snape began to teach.

"Today we will be looking at the Amortentia," Snape announced, and beside him sat a pot of said potion. "You'll all come up and take a whiff and then tell the class what you smell before we look at the basic properties."

The class had a wave of murmurs before they were silenced by Snape. "So who's first?" he asked, looping his fingers in front of himself.

Silence.

"Come on," he insisted in his usual monotone voice as his expression remained blank. "You'll all have to do it anyway, so the faster we get this done, the more time you'll have for the homework I assign. The person who comes up will call on another student to take a whiff."

A hand raised and that was Hermione's.

"Miss Granger, come on up." Snape stepped aside to give the student a way to the potion that rested on the table in front of the class.