24

"You can not do that, Malfoy," Oshun hissed as they headed to her bedroom.

It was late and her parents called it a night, so Oshun did too.

"Do what?" There was evident amusement in his tone as he shut her bedroom door behind him.

"Touch me." She glared at him as she dropped onto the edge of her bed. "I don't mind you touching me, but not with my parents right there."

"So I can touch you now?" His lower back leaned against her dresser as he lifted a brow at her.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm going to go to sleep."

"But your eyes are open."

She closed her eyes.

"You're an idiot." He scoffed as he pushed himself off the dresser.

"Do you want to use the bathroom first?" Oshun rose from the bed to get her pajamas.

"You go ahead," he insisted as he crossed to the bed.

She watched as he sat on the edge and bounced firmly before standing. His palms pressed against the mattress and he pushed down on it.

"What are you doing?" she questioned, blinking at him.

"Seeing if your bed is good enough for rough sex." He leaped off the floor and landed on his back with all his weight right on the bed. "Hm. I guess we'll just have to find out when the time comes."

Her eyes rolled, absolutely done with him. "Hey, I have a question for you."

"Keep it to yourself then."

She ignored his comment. "You said you read my dad's novel before," she recalled breezily. "When did you read it?"

"Before the holiday started." He shrugged as he lay comfortably on her bed, holding her stare.

"Why?"

He shrugged yet again and put his arms behind his head. "I had a feeling I'd have to meet your parents, so I read the novel to have something to talk about with them."

"Did you actually like it? Or did you lie?" She eyed him skeptically.

"I didn't lie." His head shook calmly.

"Oh." She nodded slowly. "Okay."

"You know..." His voice drew off for a moment and she tilted her head at him.

"What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head again. "Go do your thing. I'll wait here."

"No, I'm curious now." She placed her hands on her hips, stood before the dresser. "What is it?"

"Your dad's kind of scary."

She let out the loudest cackle as her head knocked back in amusement.

"Yeah, yeah, alright," he muttered with an empty scoff. He placed his hands on his lap to fidget with his rings. "Very funny. Now go do your fucking thing, so we can sleep."

"He's not scary," she said after her laughter subsided, though she was still smiling. "It's just the tattoos and the muscles that... I suppose it make him look intimidating. I mean, you spoke with him. You saw him. He's not scary at all."

He merely shrugged. "Yeah, and your mum's hot—"

"Ugh." Her face contorted in disdain. "Don't say that about her. Please. I know she's beautiful, but just don't—"