65

"Did he tell you why he wanted you to stay away?" Fred asked as he poured water into his goblet at their table.

"No." Oshun shook her head, eyes reading over the redhead's essay for one of his classes. "Freddie, did you change what I suggested? Because you didn't have to. It was just a suggestion."

"I changed it, yeah." He nodded and peeked over to look at his essay. "The suggestion you made makes the essay sound more professional."

"Oh, okay." She continued to read through his essay.

"So you told him that you love him?" he muttered, and put a piece of toast onto his plate. He grasped the knife and scooped some butter from the dish before spreading it on.

Her eyes lifted from the essay and flicked over to him. "Fred, we talked about this," she crooned, and lifted her thigh over her opposite one.

"But it doesn't make it any easier for me because the girl I'm in love with is also in love with someone else," he said rudely as he dropped his toast on the plate. His hands brushed together to dust off crumbs as he propped his elbows on the table.

Oshun's hands lowered his essay upon her lap. "I don't know what you want me to do about it," she said in a firm tone. "I never intended to be in love with two people."

"The one-year deadline in almost here—"

"No, it's not." In agitation, she put his essay on the table and stood from her seat. "It's not even close. Stop fucking talking about it."

Without giving him time to speak, she walked out of the Great Hall.

But it was coming faster than anyone would ever expect, the deadline. She just hated talking about it because she wouldn't be able to choose.

And the fact that the one-year deadline was coming closer also reminded her that her time was also getting closer to an end.

Though, Fred didn't know that. Which was why he always brought it up even though he knew she didn't like talking about it—because he thought she was going to be choosing soon.

But she wouldn't be. She'd be dead.

"Oshun!" came Fred's voice from behind.

"No!" she angrily shouted as she strode down the corridor. "I told you to stop bringing it up, but you never listen to me."

She was stopped short when his large hand closed around her upper arm and spun her aggressively to face him. He pulled her in until she was directly in front of him, his head tipped forward to hold her gaze.

"When I speak to you, you fucking look at me, Oshun." His voice lowered throatily. "Am I clear?"

"Let me go." She tried wrenching her arm from his hold, but he only gripped harder, which made it difficult for her to get loose.

"I said, am I clear?" His head inched closer down to hers, jaws tight.

"I— you— we— I can not fucking stand you right now," she gritted through her teeth, head angled back to hold his stare.

"Then sit on my face."

She actually gasped at his words and threw a hand over her mouth. "Fred," she hissed sheepishly, gaze darting around them to make sure no one heard his choice of words. "Goodness."

"What?" He looked around too and let go of her arm, nonchalant.

"Y-You can't say that." Heat rushed to her cheeks as she whispered the words.

"Why not?" He blinked at her.

She stammered, unable to even string together a sentence. She inhaled a breath and huffed it out, frustrated. "I'm leaving."