54

"I'm so proud of you," Draco beamed, and picked her up by her waist to twirl her around. "Did you make her bleed?"

"Draco, calm down," Oshun said through a soft chuckle, her hands on his shoulders.

"Come on," he encouraged eagerly as he set her back on the floor. "Tell me the details. Did she bleed? Did she cry? Did she run?"

She was finally confessing to Draco about her actions the other day. "Actually, I was the one who ran," she said slowly.

"You're kidding." His jaw hung low.

Abashed, her face flared with heat and reddened. "Why does everyone keep— what's wrong with running away?"

"It shows weakness, my sweet girl." He gazed at her in fondness, despite her embarrassment. "You never run from a fight."

"Okay, but it wasn't a fight," she clarified, braiding their fingers before they strolled out of the book aisle. "I just accidentally bashed her head in the wall."

"Don't say 'accident.'" His head shook, bringing their locked fingers to his lips to brush a kiss on the spine of her hand. "Leave that word out when you tell people."

"I'm not telling people." Her eyes were saucers, veering her eyes at him. "Are you kidding? I don't want people to know I did something violent."

"Well, I'm telling people." He scoffed through a triumphed smirk at her. "My girl fucking bashed
someone's head in the wall."

My girl. My girl. My girl.

Even though she wasn't technically his or Fred's, she liked when they said 'My' before their usual term of endearment for her. Made her feel foolishly giddy.

"No, no, no." She shook her head frantically and fought to ignore the butterflies in her tummy. "Don't tell people. Please. Don't tell people."

He was silent for a few moments, his smirk growing wider. "Fine," he said at last, nodding. "I'll tell no one."

"Thank you." Her shoulders relaxed visibly.

"I'm going to ask you something," Draco said quietly for her ears only, "And if it upsets you, feel free to bash my head into a wall."

"What is it?" Oshun's head tipped back to look at his gorgeous face.

"If I left you like Weasley did, would you cry over me like you did him that day outside of the Great Hall?" His tone hushed even more, holding her stare. It was almost like he was careful with his words. "Because I'd never seen you cry that hard before and you were practically shaking in my arms."

She gaped for a moment. "Of course," she said even though that day she didn't cry because of Fred. Seeing him do that just upset and broke her even more—adding to the news she got. "Yeah. I'd cry over you. You mean so much to me, so of course."

He smiled a soft, sincere smile. It made her smile right back at him because he was happy. His lips inched to her temple to drop an ardent kiss on her skin.

She nearly tripped on her face when she stumbled over her undone shoelace, but he pulled her back by their entwined fingers to keep her up. He slung their bags over his shoulder before he went in front of her and knelt down to tie her sneaker.

Oshun was stupidly mesmerized by the sight.

If there was one thing everyone knew, it was that Draco Malfoy knelt for no one. Yet here he was, kneeling in front of her like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Be careful, you idiot. You already bruise easily," he said whilst he double-knotted her shoelace. "Can't imagine how easy you would break with a fall."