62

"Fred." Oshun sat on top of him, her chubby thighs framing his broad torso.

Fred was knocked out. It was past four in the morning, so it was understandable. They were sleeping in her dorm since Forest was at Tavius'.

"Hello?" she whispered, poking his cheeks with her fingertips. "Fred."

He snored back in her face.

"Freddie, come on," she murmured. "Someone's breaking into my dorm."

No one was breaking in. She just had a lot on her mind and couldn't sleep, despite the fatigue she'd felt hours ago.

He snored back.

She lowered her body down to straddle his hips and rested her chin on his chest. "Fred," she said in a loud voice. "Fredrick Gideon Weasley."

"Uh... hmmmmm..." he sleepily hummed, and his tongue made an appearance. Only to run across his lips before his mouth closed again.

"It's not a coincidence,"  she said as her finger traced down his jawline and over his chin. "Three so-called suicides, all eight days apart."

"Mmmm..." He nodded slowly, his hands limp on her bum.

"I think I know who it is, but I just need proof." Her finger travelled up the opposite jawline and over the side of his face.

"Mhm." He was still asleep.

"I've been thinking about this forever because," she went on, "Everyone thinks they're suicides. No one is piecing together that they were all Muggle-borns and all eight days apart. Fred, you noticed it too, right?"

"Mhm." He nodded, though he sounded completely out of it.

"I just need bloody proof." She sighed heavily, her fingers toying with the side of his hair. "I need just one bit of proof to prove that this person did it before more Muggles die."

"Mmm." He nodded slowly.

"Am I bothering you?" she whispered through a soft smile, brushing his hair back.

"No, no." His voice was hushed and raspy with sleep. "We were talking about marbles. Go on."

She chuckled, smiling fondly at him. "It's okay. Go to sleep." She gently pecked his mouth before resting her head on his chest.

"No, I'm awake," he insisted eagerly, but his closed eyes said otherwise. "Keep talking. I'm listening."

"Go to sleep," she murmured, dropping a soft kiss on his chest.

"But—"

"That's a demand."

"You're lucky I'm too sleepy to show you who's boss," he grumbled as he gave her bum a soft squeeze and a caress.

She laughed amusedly, under her breath.

Silence.

"I just need proof," she whispered to herself, staring at the wall.

She found that it was easier to focus on this rather than her own problems—like her death. She wasn't scared of dying. Never was.

She was just scared of leaving her loved ones behind. She was just scared of never being able to see them again.

She was afraid of what her death would do to some of them.

_____

"Would you check out that ass?" Oshun's palm collided with Fred's butt as he walked down the corridor. She gave his bottom a nice squeeze. "It's nice and firm."