50

Oshun spared a glance, brown eyes catching his calm ones. She quickly looked back down.

Draco stifled a laugh. "What?" he asked, nudging her foot with his.

"I was going to try to be romantic and gaze at you, but you're already looking at me," she said, crossing her legs by the ankles and brushing down her skirt.

What she didn't know was that whenever she wasn't paying attention to him, he was looking at her. Nothing weird or creepy—more like admiring her and praising her with his eyes.

He watched her.

She was in the library with him, in an empty aisle on the floor. The location she chose for them to do their Astronomy assignment since they were paired together.

He sat handsomely across from her, leaning against the opposite shelf. His legs were stretched out, crossed by the ankles as well.

That weekend at the suite, Draco and Fred were able to be civil for her—only for one weekend. She was glad that they didn't fight or anything, but they had little times when they snapped at each other—fighting for her attention.

It was exhausting to break their arguments apart, but she managed to. She split her time with them evenly, leaving some time for her mates as well since she still wanted to spend time with them and not ditch them for guys.

That other gift Draco was talking about that night at the suite—the one he said he had left in her dorm—she adored it. It was another apology gift, he said, because he felt the need to buy her another gift for some reason.

It was a red rose displayed inside of a glass dome upon a gold base. He told her that this wasn't a normal rose. He said that it lasted longer than a normal one, so she would be able to have it for a couple months at least.

She loved the gift, so she kept it on her nightstand by her bed.

Oshun was about to speak when she heard a couple pairs of footsteps approaching the aisle she and Draco were in. Her gaze lifted to see the blond's friends strolling towards them.

She stilled from the toes and up when Theodore Nott was one of them, walking towards them. She'd done so good at avoiding him, but she couldn't run now.

Theodore looked like he was deteriorating. His chilling eyes met Oshun's and his face was stone-cold, completely unreadable.

"Hey, mate." Blaise nodded in greeting at the blond, completely ignoring Oshun's presence.

"What's up?" Draco's eyes darted between all his friends.

"Astoria's been asking about you," Pansy pointed out plainly. "Told us you haven't spoken to her in a while."

"Do I need to speak to her?" Draco's eyebrows bundled together.

"No, but maybe tell her—" Pansy started.

"Merlin's titty, I'm not her bloody husband. Why the fuck do I need to tell her anything?" he spat harshly, a muscle in his jaw spasming.

As he spoke to the girl, Oshun was trapped under Theodore's paralyzing gaze. She wanted to tear her eyes from his, but she was unable to do just that.

He stared at her with his dead eyes. She was unable to tell what he was thinking. Must hate her a lot.

All she actually knew was that she was told to stay away from him. There was still no word from her parents, though she hoped soon she would be able to know what was happening with the whole situation.

It didn't take Einstein to figure out that Theodore was tied into the situation somehow—because why else would she be demanded to stay away from him?

"So you guys are spending a lot of time together, huh?" Blaise said, and Oshun couldn't tell if it was mocking or not. His eyes bounced between the blond and the Gryffindor.