73

"Miss Takahashi!"

Oshun's eyes shot open and her head snapped up to see an impatient Lupin. Everyone's eyes were on her, causing the blood to flood to her head.

She suddenly felt lightheaded. "Sorry," she mumbled, abashed.

Lupin's eyes squinted at her, no longer impatient, but perhaps worried. "Please stay behind after class," he said before getting back to his lesson.

She straightened herself in her seat and blinked hard a few times to adjust her bleary eyes. Her eyes shifted towards the blond sitting in the middle row of the opposite side of the classroom as her.

His eyebrows furrowed in question with his back in his seat with knees wide.

She nodded, flashing him a reassuring smile.

He narrowed his eyes at her, skeptical.

"I'm fine," she mouthed to him as her forearms folded over the desk.

He stared intently for a moment before nodding and then turning his gaze to the Professor.

When class was dismissed, Oshun packed her things and stayed behind as demanded. Once all the students left and the door to the classroom was shut, she rose from her seat and walked to Lupin's desk.

"Oshun, that was the fourth time you've fallen asleep in my class." The Professor's eyes lifted from his paperwork to the student, staring at her above his glasses that rested on his nose.

"I apologize," she said sincerely whilst she fiddled with the strap of her book bag.

"No need for the apology," he said kindly, looping his finger upon his desk. "I'm concerned. That's all."

She blinked, unsure of what to say.

He noticed, clearly. "Is there anything going on with you, Oshun?" His tone was patient and warm. "Your work and grades haven't slipped, but you've been falling asleep during my class repeatedly."

"I'm okay." I'm drained, Professor.

"How many hours of sleep do you get at night?" he pressed as he took his glasses off and set them aside on his desk.

"Enough." More than you'd expect.

He picked up that she didn't want to talk, so he offered a kind smile. "If there's anything you need, let me know, alright?" he said in a low tone. "I won't keep you any longer from your next class. Go on."

She nodded and left the classroom.

"Oh, fuck— shit." She flinched when the blond appeared right next to her when she walked out. "Draco, you fucking weirdo. Warning next time, okay?"

Draco pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on and grabbed her book bag, hitching it over his shoulder. "What did he want to talk about?" he asked, and laced their fingers.

"Me," she answered as they began to walk down the corridor.

"No shit, really?" His tone was fused with sarcasm, scoffing. "I thought he'd want to talk about the new wrinkles Dumbledore's got."

She snorted a laugh, tipping her head back to see his face. "Seems like you certainly know about his new wrinkles, don't you?" she retorted.

He rolled his eyes at her and shook his head. "What did Lupin talk to you about?" he asked again, and caught her gaze.

"Me falling asleep in class," Oshun muttered, and looped her other arm around his to hug it as they walked.

"Yeah... I've been wondering about that too," he said tentatively, giving her hand a soft squeeze. "Is everything okay? You've been more tired than usual, Takahashi."