63

"You lied to me!" Oshun had snarled a few hours after her hang-over eased.

"I know and I'm sorry," Fred had pleaded. "But he told me not to tell you and it wasn't my business to tell you something I didn't know much about. All he told me was to keep you away from him."

"If it was about me, you should've told me!" she had snapped, livid. "Fred, I thought we told each other everything. I thought we were past the pathetic lying point."

"We are," he had insisted, despair glazing in his striking eyes. "Oshun, I'm sorry I lied. Come on."

That argument was three days ago.

And if it weren't for the fact that Oshun was being hypocritical, she would have still been angry with him.

She didn't think it was quite fair for her to be getting angry with him about lying when she herself was lying to everyone about her sickness. No one knew of it. Not Fred. Not Draco. Not her mates.

She was lying to them all.

Which was why she forgave Fred for lying about his deal with Draco.

Still, the blond didn't speak to her. She never tried to speak to him either because he was giving her the cold shoulder, so it was quite difficult to even try doing so.

She didn't know why Draco wanted Fred to keep her away from him. She really didn't. She was at a loss of answers and guesses.

Oshun spent most of her time with Fred. She noticed a lot of people were spending a lot of time with their given spouses, except for a handful of people.

She would like to spend time with Draco too, but the boy was having his moment. She missed him dearly, but there wasn't much she could do about it because he was quite obstinate.

She gasped in fright when every molecule in her body felt like it fell, like dropping on a rollercoaster, tearing her from her thoughts. "Fred," she angrily said, slapping his shoulder.

"It's like talking to a wall." Fred hoisted her higher on his back since he was giving her a piggyback ride and he rudely pretended to drop her to grab her attention. His hands gripped tightly onto her thighs, keeping them wrapped around his waist. "I asked you a question."

Going down the moving steps tired her abundantly, so she always asked him to carry her down or up. He was always more than happy to do so.

"What?" she mumbled, and rested her chin upon her own bicep, arms around his neck.

"I asked if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade," he repeated as he turned down a corridor. "After you're done looking for whatever book it is you need from the library."

"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade?" she echoed his question.

"I asked you first."

"Maybe we can, yeah." She nodded subtly against her bicep. "But we'll see because I might get tired later on." She felt guilty for her tiredness always ruining her days, but her body practically yearned for sleep every minute of the day.

"If you're tired later, we'll nap in my dorm, okay?" His head turned to push a soft kiss on the inside of her forearm. "We can just take it easy today."

"Mhm." Warmth blanketed her heart. "Big head, put me down."

He paused in his tracks to let her slide off his back, crouching down just a bit until her feet hit the ground. "What are you doing?" He was puzzled as he watched her go in front of him.

"I'm going to give you a piggy-back ride for a change." She crouched down in front of him, arms stretched back and ready to hold him. "Come on."

"Takahashi—"