41

Oshun pushed down the lever of the toilet.

The spade necklace swirled around in the toilet water, whirling around for a few seconds before it got sucked away and out of her sight.

She closed the lid of the toilet before going to wash her hands.

"Oshun, I really think you should come out of the dorm," Forest encouraged, getting ready for classes. "People are starting to worry about you. No one's seen you in nearly three weeks."

Oshun lazily dragged her feet out of the bathroom and went back into her bed. She hauled the cold sheets over her body and stared at the wall.

The sound of Forest leaving the dorm broke through the silence. The door clicked as it shut.

Oshun shut her eyes and sniffled, irritated that her nose was stuffy.

Then the door opened once more after a bit. Multiple pairs of footsteps entered the dorm and shuffled around the room.

"Come on, sweetheart." Joaquin gently pulled the blanket off her and helped her into a sitting position on the mattress.

Oshun shook her head, already near tears. "Please don't make me go out there," she whispered, wetting her chapped lips. "I don't want to. Please don't make me leave. I can't do it."

"How about we all just walk to the Great Hall and if you still feel like you don't want to be out of the dorm, we'll come back." Giovanni was rummaging through her clothes to get her uniform out.

"We'll be right by your side, Oshun." Da'Shylah sat next to said girl and rubbed her back softly. "No one's going to even look at you, I promise."

Oshun kept muttering her protests and shook her head as her mates got her dressed for classes. She felt every bone in her body suck in so much tension that she was visibly uncomfortable.

By the time they dressed her and got her book bag packed, Oshun's chin had a tremor. Her stomach was rippling sickly and she suddenly felt like she'd throw up.

They all walked down and out of the Gryffindor house. The more they strolled away from the dorm, the tighter Oshun's throat was beginning to get. The anxiety in her stomach was nothing less than unsettling.

Her heart was pounding painfully hard in her chest to the point where her bones felt like they vibrated with each pound. Each painful pound.

Her palms were getting all sweaty as she tapped the pad of her thumb against her fingertips. Index. Middle. Ring. Pinky. Repeat.

"Breathe," Mavi soothed into her ear, rubbing her lower back. "One breath in and one out and one in and one out."

Oshun didn't even nod, but she did make obvious attempts at trying to gain control over her staggered breaths. Beads of sweat were forming on her scalp.

She took a deep breath in through her nostrils. She exhaled through her dry lips.

She did it again. She did it a few more times as she sought to gain control over her nerves.

But as she did this, she felt not even an ounce of tension release from her body.

She kept her head low, not daring to look up because she didn't want to see the people whispering about her. The people that sent her sex toys and disgusting notes.

"Oshun, love, look up." Tavius' whisper poured softly into her ear. His hand held hers and he gave it a gentle squeeze.

Oshun screwed her eyes tightly shut. She prayed that everything about the bullying and harassment was all just a dream.