44

"I liked it." Draco observed her appreciatively.

"Come again?" Oshun's eyebrows bunched together in slight confusion. Her head turned to meet his gaze. "You liked what?"

"The thriller book you told me about the other day in my dorm," he clarified, and crossed his legs by the ankles. "And you're right. A strong stomach is needed for that book." He got comfortable on her bed, back resting upon the headboard and propped pillows.

"Oh." The blush flushed her cheeks. She shifted coyly in her spot on her bed next to him. "You actually paid attention when I talked about it?"

"I pay attention to everything you say, Takahashi." His shoulders lifted in a lazy shrug. "And do. And see. And eat. And wear."

Her head knocked back as a hearty, but shy laugh escaped her lips. "Is that so?" A single eyebrow arched up.

"It is so." He nodded indulgently with that curving smirk that made her knees weak. "Last Saturday, you wore a pair of dark-washed ripped jeans that were baggy with a Gryffindor Quidditch varsity jacket and some sort of tank top underneath. You wore white sneakers and your hair was down, looking all sorts of gorgeous."

"Well, you certainly do pay attention." The heat in her cheeks was flooding to her ears too.

"Mhm." His head tipped back against the headboard, still smirking so handsomely at her. "You're very beautiful."

"You're beautiful." She smiled demurely and steered her attention back to her homework.

She had been struggling with her homework for the entire time she and Draco had been in her dorm. He had yet another book in hand, reading it as she attempted to do homework.

She pretended not to notice, but when they talked, his eyes were always lowering to her lips. Lingered for a moment before he met her gaze.

Truth be told, she hadn't had sex in a bit let alone a peck on the mouth. Only hugs, hand-holding, and chaste kisses on the cheek. Same for Fred. Oshun hadn't done anything more than that with him.

She didn't want to be sleazy or easy, so she turned both of them down whenever they tried to slyly initiate something.

But now, she was trying to do her homework that she did not understand because she was not paying attention in class since Draco held her hand in class on her lap and the simplicity of that distracted her.

"I did this six bloody times and I still can't get it," she muttered in frustration, and swiped her textbook off the bed and onto the floor. She huffed and her back struck the headboard, arms folded over her chest in exasperation.

"Pick up your textbook," Draco demanded as he put his book aside.

"No."

"Pick up your textbook."

She mimicked him under her breath and hunched over to pick up the textbook.

"Keep up the attitude and see what happens. Now open your textbook and I'll help you." He inched closer to her and propped one hand behind her as he leaned over to see her messy parchment. "Could've asked for help, Takahashi."

She tried not to melt at his very close presence. "Didn't want to," she muttered, and opened her textbook after placing it on the bed.

"I fancy that crinkle on your nose you get when you're angry and frustrated." His lips pushed into the side of her head chastely.

She rolled her eyes at his comment. He helped her with her homework, and the way he explained the questions and lessons were always so much simpler than the professors.