34

"Today, in assigned partners, you'll be making a batch of The Draught of Living Death. The pair who makes it the best will gain twenty points for their own house," Snape explained as he walked around the room.

"Forest Jeong and Zabini."

"Potter and Greengrass."

"Weasley and Bulstrode."

"Joaquin Jeong and Parkinson."

"Brown and Goyle."

"Thomas and Crabbe."

"Finnigan and Davis."

"Takahashi and Malfoy."

As Snape called more names, Oshun didn't go to Draco. Instead, she went to grab the cauldron and other supplies before right back to her spot.

She flipped open her textbook to the needed page and then began to make the potion.

The second Snape sent everyone off to work, chatter filled the room as the pairs worked together to make the potion.

In her peripheral view, she saw a blond Slytherin approach her and stand next to her by the table, watching her make the potion.

His fingers drummed against his bicep as his arms folded over his chest, leaning against the table with his hip to face her. He hadn't worn his robe and his hair flopped over his forehead, framing his face very nicely.

She tried to disregard how effortlessly handsome he was by reading the instructions before moving onto the next step.

"Clockwise." Draco shattered their pregnant silence.

Oshun's eyes lifted to meet his pale ones.

"You just added the Powdered Root of Asphodel, yes?" His eyebrows lifted, gaze locked with hers.

She nodded.

"Stir clockwise twice. Not counterclockwise," he told her in a low, hard tone.

She nodded and stirred clockwise twice before moving onto the next step.

"You're quiet today," he pointed out after his siren eyes observed her for a few silent beats.

She shrugged, not quite sure of how to respond to that. She added the sloth brain into the potion before crushing the Sopophorous bean to get the juice.

"What's wrong?" His voice hushed as he inched just a bit closer to ensure only she could hear him.

"What makes you think something's wrong?" She chuckled quietly and stirred counterclockwise seven times.

"Because you're not talking to me." His eyebrows pinched together, deeply perplexed. "Not a word or anything."

"So just because I'm not talking to you, something's wrong?" She arched her brow at him, hands resting upon the edge of the table.

"Yes."

Her eyes rolled. She then read through the rest of the instructions to make sure she didn't miss anything.

"So?" the blond pressed on.

"What?" Oshun retorted as her stare moved to meet his.

"What's wrong?" He was beginning to get irritated, visibly so.

"You're nagging me. That's what's wrong," she drawled annoyedly, and closed her textbook.

"How am I nagging you?" he shot back as his brows bunched together.

"By talking."

"Because you're not talking," he said huskily. "You're usually the one talking between us two. Not me."