55

"What the fuck?" Draco was flabbergasted.

"Read it." Blaise pushed a copy of the Daily Prophet towards his blond friend. "Vane is dead. They found her without her heart in her chest early this morning in the middle of her common room. Her roommate said a heart was left at their shared dorm in a box."

Draco's eyes lowered to the Daily Prophet on the coffee table. Sitting on the couch, he went and picked it up.

"And another body was found in the library just last night," Blaise said in a low voice. "Granger. The Daily Prophet says the single stab wound was self-inflicted, so it was declared suicide."

Just as Blaise said that, Draco was reading over the exact information his friend was saying.

Hermione Granger was found dead in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her body was found at roughly two in the morning by Argus Filch in the public library.

"There was blood all over the lady and her hands. She had a dagger of some sort in her hand and it seemed like she'd been gone for a while," Filch said in his statement with the Ministry.

There is no further investigation for Granger since authorities have ruled that this was suicide after examining her and getting the autopsy reports back.

Then Draco's eyes scanned over Romilda Vane's blurb.

Romilda Vane was found dead at approximately five in the morning in the middle of Hogwarts' Gryffindor common room without her heart. Lavender Brown, Vane's roommate, was the one to find her dead after finding her heart sent to her dorm.

"It was horrible. She was murdered! I woke up this morning and saw a present in front of our dorm door, so I opened it. It was a heart. A human heart—all covered in blood," Brown had said in her statement with the authorities. "I also noticed Romilda's bed hadn't been slept in, so I went to go look for her. There was no blood when I found Romilda in the common room, but she had blood stains on her body—looked dried. There was a hole in her chest and her heart had been removed."

This was ruled as a homicide and the suspect has not been caught. This is an official on-going investigation for Vane.

Draco shuddered and he felt it in his bones. He shook himself off and tossed the paper onto the coffee table in the Slytherin common room.

"That's why we've all been demanded to stay in our commons," Blaise said as he looked at the clock that read 12:34 p.m.

"What happened to the bodies? Did they take them?" Draco asked curiously. "Or are there still people investigating around the castle for Vane's murderer?"

"I think there's people investigating. I don't know." Blaise leaned back in his spot at the armchair, looking tired. "But I know they're going to be talking to every person in this castle. All the common room doors are locked."

"So we're going to starve?" Pansy asked as she made her way on the couch next to Draco.

"Why are you asking me like I'm the one setting these rules?" Blaise drawled irritably, glaring at the girl. His arms folded over his chest.

Draco was furious because Oshun and Fred were both Gryffindors—giving them an opportunity to be together.

But maybe not because Romilda was found dead in the middle of the Gryffindor common room, so perhaps they were all demanded to stay in their own dorms?

Draco was fucking hoping they were demanded to stay in their own dorms.

On the other hand, he was actually pretty intrigued and shocked to the core about the murder and the suicide that had just been announced.