21

"Hi." Oshun blinked at him.

"Hi." Draco blinked back.

Silence.

"Well, the chemistry is certainly there," Narcissa muttered under her breath as she ushered Oshun inside. "Welcome, dear. Make yourself at home." Her voice was sweet like honey.

"Thank you for having me, Mrs. Malfoy," Oshun said with a fleeting smile.

On the outside, she appeared calm—on the inside, she was sweating buckets.

"Draco, won't you show Oshun to her room and give her a tour of the house whilst I make tea?" Narcissa was smiling and she genuinely seemed excited.

"Sure." Draco nodded as he picked up Oshun's trunk and her coat before he wordlessly went up the stairs.

Oshun just followed him up the grand staircase.

The manor was huge, larger than she expected. It was full of dark colours like dark brown, dark greens. The smell of the manor was like pine, though the aura was a bit sombre and gloomy.

The aura of the manor made her queasy as she followed Draco down the large corridor. She followed him to a room down the hall and watched as he opened the door.

"Here." He put her trunk and coat on the king-size bed.

The room was simple with all dark furniture. There was a desk, a whole bookshelf as a wall, a dresser, a bathroom, and a nightstand on either side of the bed.

"Thank you." She stood at the door, not so comfortable in this house.

Draco spun slowly to look at her, his hands in the pockets of his black trousers. "Why are you standing like that?" His voice was blunt.

"Like what?" She shifted her weight to the other foot.

"Like you've got a long stick up your ass." His eyes took her in from head to toe.

She was glad she took the time to get dressed this morning. "Your manor gives me the chills," she mumbled, and hugged herself.

"Mm." He nodded slowly. "So do you want a tour?"

"Okay." She nodded quickly, glad for a reason to get out of this awkward blinking contest with him.

He showed her around the manor, telling her which room was which with only short words. Bathroom. Living room. Dining room. Guest room. Pool room. Wine cellar.

She said nothing during this and just followed him around.

The manor had over eleven bedrooms and three living rooms. The manor's floor was dark wood and there were elegant paintings framed on the walls. The entire manor had high ceilings, which made it look more expensive and majestic.

Most of the manor was empty or perhaps just had very subtle furnishings in some rooms. The backyard was bigger than Oshun's entire neighbourhood.

There was a pool, a fountain with a pond, a large garden, and the entire yard was fenced with tall shrubs trimmed sharply.

Draco himself was very quiet.

It was weird because at Hogwarts, he was so chatty all the time. He was always talking and stating his opinions that nobody asked for.

Was that an act for school? Or was this an act in front of his mother?

Oshun didn't know.

"Tea!"

Oshun trailed behind Draco to the kitchen. She took a seat in front of one of the cups, Draco opposite of her, and Narcissa took her seat between the two younger adults.