20

"I just want to eat Mum's cooking." Joaquin dropped dramatically onto the middle of the floor. "I don't care about the holidays. I just want Mum's food."

"Okay, I want Mum's cooking too, but I still care for the holidays." Forest scoffed as she packed her trunk.

Oshun chuckled as she packed her own trunk, neatly folding each item of clothing before placing them into her trunk.

It was time to go back for holiday and Oshun was more than ready. She was so excited to see her parents and Simon.

She wrote to her next door neighbor, but obviously catching up with him on certain dramas in both their lives just wasn't the same.

She had lots to tell Simon and she would most likely repeat some stuff she wrote to him about, but talking in person was just easier for him to read her expressions—vice versa.

"Baloo!" Oshun called out as she walked down to the common room. "Baloo, where are you?"

"Takahashi." Fred jogged down from the boys' dormitories. "A word?"

"Hello to you too." She stood in front of him, confused.

"I can't talk long. Hermione is supposed to be coming to my dorm soon." Fred's eyes nervously darted behind the girl in front of him to glance at the girls' dormitory stairs.

"What's up?" Oshun asked as her brows frowned.

"My parents were wondering if you wanted to spend a couple days at The Burrow," he said quietly as his hands rubbed his ginger hair to tousle it even more.

"Oh." The surprise was clear in her tone. She wasn't expecting this.

"They just want to get to know you because of the new law and stuff," Fred elaborated. "They've written to your parents already, but my mum still wanted me to ask you myself."

"Okay, sure." She nodded pleasantly. "I can spend a few days at The Burrow."

He was visibly pleased by her answers. "Yeah?" A twitch on the corner of his mouth led to a small smile.

"Yeah." She shot him a soft smile as she nodded again. "And I'm pretty sure my parents want you to come over to my place to meet you too."

"Brilliant." His eyes brightened like stars. "I'll write to you, yeah?" His smile stretched sincerely wider.

"Mhm," she hummed, her tummy filling with knots that exploded into butterflies at the simple thought of being with Fred for a few days at The Burrow.

As Oshun strolled around, looking for her cat, she only realized that Fred might have not told his parents that she got their son and someone else. Did Draco tell his parents that the girl he got had two choices?

Her stomach sank at the remembrance that her parents would also want to meet Draco. And his parents would want to meet her as well—or mum, anyhow.

Oshun did not want to go to Malfoy Manor.

She found Baloo strolling around the empty corridor. She was surprised no one tried cat-napping him yet since he was always out and about.

As soon as Forest finished packing, the three of them left the dorm. They were all excited to be going back home, all of Oshun's mates were.

She and her mates got onto the Hogwarts express and sat in a compartment. All of them got into immediate conversation about going home and the holidays. They were all excited to be going home to eat their mum's cooking.

Oshun never really went to her mates' for holidays, but she did go for summer break. She only went for a week or less since she wasn't too fond of being at other people's houses.