Welcome your First Friends Irumi-chan!

A/N: obviously I don't own this pic but look how cute these precious beans are!!
____________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 8

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi Suzuki, age 14. She is a pitiful girl who was sold off to a demon by her idiot parents. But, is her heritage all that it seems?

————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------

Morning came following the now staple routine- yelp in terror from the alarm, be greeted and exchange sleepy good mornings with Opera and Sullivan, a morning bath before getting dressed with the help of Opera bandaging her more serious wounds that haven't fully sealed and Sullivan doing her hair. They ate together- with Opera's cooking being extraordinary as always, and finally yelled out her goodbyes to head to school.

But unlike the past mornings, there was something different awaiting her as she fixed her red-eye brooch at the doorway.

"Morning Sunshine!!" Clara greeted from behind the gate, grinning and waving her hands excitedly. Dancing next to Asmodeus who was standing in an elegant position, doing a slight bow in greeting. "Hello Master, a very good morning to you!"

Irumi blinked in surprise seeing them both there. Before a small giggle left her. "Wow, so full of energy already. Good morning." She greeted them both back.

"How wonderful!" Her chibi sized grandfather exclaimed, siping the rest of his Hell Grey tea. "My darling grandchild has already made two new friends."

Irumi stiffened at the words. "Huh?" She uttered in shock. "Uh-actually I'm not sure if I call them friends. We just sort of play together and talk." She denied. "Pardon, but I thought that was exactly what you call friends in the human world. How odd. Was I mistaken?" Sullivan questioned, setting his empty teacup on the floating saucer.

Irumi blinked, even more-so startled as her face turned bright red. "W-well you see I have no idea how they feel..and besides..because of- you know am I even allowed to make friends? And-I.." she looked down, looking incredibly ashamed. "I..never had..any before.." Irumi admitted.

Opera and Sullivan patted her head, somewhat cheering her up. "I'm certain things will work out pumpkin." "Indeed Milady, don't let such thoughts get to you. You may do whatever you wish-within reason of course. Have a good day sir, Princess," Opera said, waving them both off, being certain to say their farewells to Irumi as silent as possible. "Well the faculty is deciding on classes today! So I'm headin' off to school! See ya later!~" Sullivan sang while prancing away in a joyous stride. 

"Come on Irumikins!! Let's go together!~ let's go to school together!~" Clara sang in a cheerful tune.

"Let us head to the cafeteria sir, there are still no plans today and you have yet to enter that part of school," Asmodeus said with a smile. Irumi's body stiffened. "Oh is that so?!" she exclaimed looking a bit overwhelmed.

'Even thinking about having friends freaks me out! I have never even been in a situation where this was even a possibility!!' She thought in distress. Not noticing Asmodeus's glances of concern.

After doing a short bit of playing with Clara, the three of them finally ventured into the Cafeteria. Irumi was in awe at how massive it was inside. To the side, somewhat close to one of the doorways was a student store, then there was the cafeteria line where from choosing your food you could see the cooks behind the scenes preparing dishes. And dozens upon dozens of large wooden tables and benches sat for the students to eat at.