Welcome to Opening Up, Miyumi-chan!

A/N: I was pretty excited to type this chapter/scene out, hope you enjoy! The story will carry on with the battler preparations in the next chapter! (again sorry for the shorter chapters)

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 42;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her connection to her mother will be a cause to many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger! Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

Miyumi shifted, rolling her neck as the chains loosened and released her from their restricting hold of her body as her little human half finally fell to the grips of sleep.

The woman breathed out a sigh, rubbing her head as she sensed just what memory would replay and plague both her forms this night, feeling the ache and ghostly pains rise.

She missed the comforting presence of her puppy already. Still quite touched by how he bowed his head and played the part of comforting the previous night, all because she was in pain. "I swear..." the demoness breathed out. Fiddling with a strand of hair while concealing a wince, feeling the phantom of a sharp claw dig into her tender back; ripping into what would have been her sensitive wing root if it was present on her little human body.

"You can come out, you know," she voiced out loud, her head tilting to the side. "I don't bite...much anyway," Miyumi admitted in an afternote. She has 'bitten' plenty when she had figured ways of escaping her bonds and protected her little half over the years, after all.

"Haha...I don't know where I am...sorry to interrupt you, naked lady!" The shadow demon that she noted was the avatar of the Ring on her outer body's finger, laughed boldly despite the way he voiced in such an uncertain tone.

She gave an unimpressed hum, tilting her head while studying the small phantom made of magic. "Certainly, do you have a name, little phantom?" Miyumi mused out, shifting on her bed to lounge on her side, her curled fist resting against her cheek as she studied him.

"...Alikred," the being announced with a spot of hesitation. "...Alikred then, I'm Miyumi. So what are you exactly? You aren't just an avatar of a ring." She took note, her slitted eyes narrowing as a frown took over. "If I didn't know better, I'd say your magical imprint is quite nearly exact compared to the one of my locket, which creates my imprisonment." The woman purred, studying as the phantom began to shift, seemingly unsettled by such a statement.