Welcome a Growing Concern, Opera-san!

A/N: Sorry I've been super busy, I don't think I'll be able to update the main story more than once a month but I'll definitely do my best. Every time I watch a new episode or read a new manga chapter, my inspiration re-ignites to keep going. So my love for this series, and my little fanfic here is definitely not going away any time soon, just the personal time to write while also having a solid internet connection is 🥲
Regardless I hope you enjoy! And please if you'd like to read any other 'what if's' let me know and I'll post them between my workings of the actual chapters!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 48;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. 4. Her rising abilities are drawing all sorts of dangerous attention to her being as her demon blood blends with her human, leading to changes as she grows. And 5. Her connection to her mother will be a cause of many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger!

Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? Perhaps, a certain being within could help from their imprisonment? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

"Something weird is happening again..." Andro M. Jazz mused from his seat at his usual lunch table. Resting both elbows on the top, he idly looked over to the table Irumi typically claimed- Asmodeus, Clara, and Sabnock at their side as they usually were during this time.

His head tilted to the side, eyes solely focused on the shorter blue-haired demon. Who hummed and purred? So enthusiastically while feasting upon a literal mountain of food. Biting his bottom lip, his focus moved to that messy strand of hair that usually stood like a scythe a top Irumi's blue head. The strand curled like a heart as it swayed in what he'd assume to be bliss. 'So cute...' Jazz thought, fighting the urge to take a picture of the scene as his neck and ears began to get a little warm.

"Yeah, no kidding," Lied spoke up next to Jazz, glancing up from his game as he did so- letting his eyes also trail to the four other misfits seated at the table nearby, witnessing how Clara half-clung to Irumi and Sabnock. The green girl bounced in place with happy exclamations of absolute insanity while cheering on Irumi's appetite and Sabnock's workout and simultaneously eating meat directly off a bone. All the while Asmodeus-seated on the other side of Irumi- dutifully replaced the empty plates with brand new dishes with annoyingly princely grace.

"Wonder how Rumi doesn't even notice those demons." The blonde muttered almost bitterly as he looked away from the scene to the column a few tables away from where the source of the focus rested.

A group mostly consisting of what looked to be third-years stood around salivating. Focus strictly on the most gentle and strangest misfit of the class. Every once in a while they'd get rambunctious; blushes flaring their skin, scales, or fur a shade or so darker, low mutterings being shared between the students but gazes never leaving Irumi. No, that never left the nice-smelling, gentle demon's back.