Welcome the Upcoming Rookie Hunt, Rumi-chan!

A/N: Hope you like the chapter! I was struggling a bit with words so sorry if it's a bit of a mess!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 36;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her connection to her mother will be a cause to many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger! Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

It was nighttime, dinner finished, and Amaryllis had left a while ago to eat dinner at her own manor. Now, Irumi was seated on her bed, fresh out of her bath while looking over the little photo album Amaryllis put together from findings in the basement.

Seated behind her was her grandfather, softly brushing through her hair with his fingers, contemplating whatever style he'd like to pull it back into for bedtime.

"Hey...grandpa?" Irumi spoke up, lowering the photo album. "Yes Ru?" he hummed, continuing to focus mainly on the blue strands in hand.

"Lady- er...Amaryllis she seemed...a bit obsessed...?" Irumi questioned while closing the book. Sullivan nodded, agreeing with that observation. "Obsession and Possession are the key things demons feel in regards to the emotion we know as 'love'," he explained, figuring her question out.

"Amaryllis-chan fell in love with your mother's beauty and unapologetic personality as a young child. You should have seen how she acted upon the emotion when she was young, at random times she would just show up out of the blue and connect to Tsu-chan's hip...it caused a lot of skirmishes with two other young demons that adored your mother's presence...among other things..." the elder's voice faltered slightly, heaving a low sigh.

"I...I wish I knew her..." Irumi fell back, not caring that he was in the middle of styling her hair into what felt like some sort of braid as she laid across his lap, arm raised to cover her eyes with the crook of her elbow.

He looked down at his granddaughter, regret tinged sadness and anger filling him at that- the very fact this little Aether-blessed being never met either of her parents. "I wish so too, Pumpkin..." Sullivan sighed tiredly, reaching down to caress the side of his grandchild's face. Closing his eyes tightly, the ache leaving only the slightest bit with the little gift here, with him, in his grasp.

Reopening his eyes, he reached out to grab either side of her ribs. Pulling her up, and situated her on his lap before clutching the little demoness close. He didn't need to see her expression to know the little one was grieving for the life she lost, the possibilities and promises that vanished before they could ever come to fruition.

Looking past his granddaughter, his vision narrowed in on the piece of paper he had set aside earlier today and gave a low hum.

That's right, he still had that to give her.