What If? A Lost King meets a Little Bunny?

A/N: this is Not officially connected to the main story, just a little what if, the little child is indeed Rumi.

What if?

A little side story of a little lost bunny's first meeting her lost papa...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The forest was vast, not too unlike the Netherworld besides the obvious difference of its flora and fauna.

Standing amidst the grove of mature trees; Derkila stood in his human disguise, which isn't much of a disguise beyond concealing his horns and shrinking his height with the use of a spell. His tail was even wrapped around his waist a few times hidden in plain sight as a belt.

The king gazed up at the soft pastel blue skies, not a cloud in sight as he breathed in the vastly different scents. "I must have missed the timing..." he mused as he breathed out, not catching the scent of his human ever being here. Looking away from the blue skies of the human realm he instead began to study the area; empty of any other life bigger than this world's rodents as far as he could note. Seeing no Tsubaki nor ever so faithful Sullivan greet him, but the question is too far ahead or too far back?

There was also the possibility that they were simply late, something stopping them.

Derkila frowned at the thought, not much beyond worrying events could possibly make those two late, especially on an occasion such as this where they have made very specific plans of an outing to prepare for the first infant of its kind's arrival- his first infant at that.

"Must be the wrong time then," he grumbled, fighting back the small scowl. The 'gateways' were truly an annoyance to navigate properly. But it does present some pleasantries, evoking a little chaos for his own pleasure was always a joyful pastime after all. Especially with no one here to huff at his actions, trying to dictate what he may or may not do. Though he couldn't deny that it is always amusing and adorable when his human braved such a thing. The look of terror on their audiences is always the best.

A wide smile began to come forth, a little fun to cause here wouldn't hurt before he had to go back to the Netherworld and attempt the entire lengthy process again. "Hmm~ I wonder what I should try? Perhaps something that will provide me with a keepsake this time around..." 

As he mused to himself, he began to walk towards the old cherry blossom tree that was in full bloom, the very spot he was supposed to be greeted by his human and right-hand demon. Shriveled browned, and red leaves crunched under his shoes, following the packed earth path to where- if he recalled correctly, had a shrine that led to- which had a 'newspaper stand' as Tsubaki referred to it as. Which would provide him with the current date on which to base his next moves on.

Suddenly a sharp crunch of the leaves that were not by his doing pierced the surroundings, causing the king to falter a step. His movements stiffened slightly. He didn't sense anything close enough to make such a noise, how could he not detect this being till now?

The sounds of nature suddenly went silent, the human world holding its breath as he unraveled a bit of his miasma. "I can hear you, reveal yourself," Derkila turned, tilting his head towards the trunk of the cherry blossom, mouth twitching at seeing a tiny human hand tighten its grip on the pale bark.

'Ah, a small human...perhaps I could use this interaction as practice?' he nodded to himself, feeling smug at the idea. 'What first? Ah yes, lower to appear less intimidating, and soften the tone of voice.' A happy-go-lucky smile replaced the thoughtful frown, being certain he wasn't showing off his sharp canines as he knelt on the floor.