Chapter 4 : Speculations

Season 1  :  Chapter 4

Ayanokouji POV

After our homeroom teacher left the classroom, students started talking with one another about various topics.Most of them were discussing how they were going to spend the large amount of points they just received from the school,not even trying to spend a couple seconds to think about my question.

Well it's not like I should blame them.If my old man didn't give me those hints,maybe I would be oblivious to the incoming dread we were about to face.

I gave my seatmate a small glance. She seems to be one of the only people to at least understand the hidden meaning behind my words.Well…. let me rephrase my words.Maybe she is not the only one, maybe there were other students who understood the meaning. If that is the case, then they are quite good at hiding their interest,it seems. 

Horikita seemed to be immersed in whatever she was doing.She was jotting down something quickly in her notebooks with a small frown on her face.I decided to see for myself whats going in that mind of hers. I leaned a little towards her seat.Not too much,that it would make me seem like a creep.It was the perfect distance to make her understand that she was the only person I was referring to.

“Is something the matter,Horikita?”

Her eyes immediately jolted towards me as she closed her notebook.Her eyes relaxed for a second before she twirled her hair over her ear.

"No.I was just curious about the questions you asked.It seems like your deduction is moving in the right direction."

"It seems so.But I need a couple more concrete pieces of evidence to prove my point. What's your opinion on this matter?"

She closed her eyes for a second before opening them.

Her eyes are beautiful if I must say.Are they contacts or natural?

" According to the smirk our homeroom teacher sent your way, when you showed the CCTV cameras, I doubt there is no way the cameras are not involved.

Now, what should be the main use of a CCTV camera in a school? Poor behaviour and cheating in exams, am I correct?"

I nodded at her words, giving her the message to continue.  Understanding my thoughts, she took a deep breath before continuing.

"Also, she didn't confirm nor deny when you asked her about the point fluctuation, while she blatantly denied when you asked about the limitations about the things one can buy. This makes me feel like you were correct. If we connect my first theory with my second one, I don't think we will be getting 100,000 points next month as the points will fluctuate, maybe because of the reasons I have stated….like cheating,fighting,not paying attention to classes.. I guess. I apologise if my words don't sound conving enough, but I don't find any other purpose for the CCTV camera to be present.

But again, just like you said, this is a baseless assumption of mine as well."

She ended our conversation with the line I used on her.She had a small smirk on her face,as if she enjoyed doing that very much.

'As expected...She is not disappointing at all.She catched through the meaning of my words immediately and her theory is also very convincing, if I must say.Now all I need to do is prove that theory correct and acquire ny first ally.'

Suddenly I felt that the atmosphere around us quieted down to an unnatural extent. 

I looked towards the reason and found most of them staring at us with horrified and shocked expressions.Their eyes were wide as a blonde haired girl immediately yelled while pointing her fingers towards Horikita.