Chapter 32 : Date

"Say Ayanokouji-kun, how is the food?"

Kiyotaka looked up towards his plate to see his brown haired date looking at him with expectance.

"It's pretty good, I must say. I was not expecting the price to be this low."

"Hmph. You should have not underestimated my investigation skills. I was one of the first persom who found this cafe with Satou-chan and Karuizawa-san."

With a confident tone in her voice, she puffed her chest out, seemingly proud of herself.

"I see."

"................."

"........"

"............"

"What's up?"

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"Well...You got quiet all of a sudden. Did something happen?"

Matsushita slightly widened her eyes before giggling to herself.

"You don't hold back your words, huh? You are just as blunt as always."

"It's always better to be blunt about things, rather than having a miscommunication. "

"That's not wrong."

"So? What happened?"

With a small sigh, she gave him a beautiful smile.

"It's nothing. I was just feeling glad to have some genuine friends for the first time. It sounds weird, but I'm really glad that I joined this school."

"I see….You didn't have many friends before coming here?"

"Hmm? Not really."

The usually cheerful voice of Matsushita turned into a breathless whisper as she twirled her straw over her smoothie.

"Most of the people who tried to be friends with me, all wanted that liberty because of the power my father holds or because of my money. At first I didn't mind it, but later it can get quite annoying you know?"

"I can see that. So, what made you join this school? Any specific reasons?"

"I guess I just wanted to start over a new leaf. Make new relationships with people who don't know about my social standing or my parents' money and just wanted a normal highschool life."

"How unfortunate for you. Instead of experiencing a normal high school life, you are now stuck in a death game where only the best class succeeds."

"But it's alright, I guess. As long as Ayanokouji-kun is our leader, we can win it."

"You sound way too confident. What achievement of mine gave you this kind of confidence?"

Matsushita twirled her bang behind her ear before slightly tilting her head at him.

"You got the skills, you got the smarts and you are rated the 2nd most handsome student in our first year Ikemen list. I think that gives me enough confidence. "

"Ikemen list? What's that?"

"Let me show you."

With a quick pace, Matsushita took out her phone and shoved it near his face.

IKEMEN LIST  :   1st Year  』

1st  :   Satonaka [class A]

2nd : Ayanokouji [class D]

3rd   :   Hirata  [class D]