Chapter 62 : Idol

Season 3 : Chapter 6

Ayanokouji POV

After our enrollment in the Student Council, I walked out of the room giving Horikita one last glance, who just sent me a peace sign, trying to ease my worries.

If my suspicions are correct, and this vacation in fact will lead to the start of our First Special Exam, then the sickness of a capable student like Horikita Suzune would be quite detrimental for the class.

So, I hope she gets well as quickly as possible within tomorrow, or the situation would be a little problematic. 

Speaking of problematic, I noticed a certain purple haired girl, sometimes following me, trying to take note of my actions.

Although a normal person would find it quite annoying and offensive when they find out the fact that each of their actions are being surveyed, I, fortunately, had the liberty to get used to it my whole life. So one more insignificant eye didn't matter much.

One thing is for certain though...Arisu Sakayanagi, although seems to be not doing much in any conflicts, is still making some swift, quick movements behind the scenes.

How ironic is that? Sakayanagi and quick movements truly don't go along in one sentence.

In my mind, that joke sounded quite funny, however I doubt that anyone would laugh if I said this out loud. I imagined Horikita's reaction to this and internally grimaced to myself.

"Are you serious Ayanokouji-kun?! At this point I would not be mad if she infact  beat you up with her cane."

But you seemed to forget one thing, Horikita. If Sakayanagi in fact did attack me with her cane, she would immediately fall on the ground, not finding any balance, which would result in my victory.

While I was engaging myself in a conversation with an imaginary Horikita, I noticed two people walking towards my direction, one of whom had a small smile on her face.

She immediately waved at me with a smile, as I couldn't help but almost smile at her contagious nature as well.

"Hello Ayanokouji-kun."

"Hello Hasebe....And Miyake correct? Good morning."

"Good morning to you!!"

"Good morning."

The boy beside Hasebe flashed me a small smile with a small nod.

Miyake Akito....one of the boys of Class-D who was neither cooperative nor uncooperative for the class. From what I've seen he usually has a laid back attitude and is the type of guy to just go with the flow. He never created any problems in the class, so he is in my good books for now.

"So,this is the boy Hasebe usually hangs out with, huh? I must say, it's quite a good catch indeed."

I tried to close the gap between us by teasing both of them, like what Satou and Matsushita usually do, however for some reason, both of them widened their eyes at my statement, as Miyake looked at me in horror, before walking behind Hasebe.

I didn't do something wrong, did I?

As if she  almost sensed by inner confusion, Hasebe let out a troubled chuckle before patting my shoulders in reassurance.

"Hehe don't worry Ayanokouji-kun. It's just the way you said those words, it sounded a little strange."

"Haha Y-yeah dude, you're fine, don't worry."